How to test if your PC will run Ghosts!!!

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Re: How to test if your PC will run Ghosts!!!

in reply to TWJackDanielsTW

This was just released on the Activision website:-

Call of Duty®: Ghosts

I think that closes this discussion!!!

Level 7

in reply to CYBER-NINJA-187

for a game like ghosts, that looks like recemended. PC along with PS4/xbox1/likly wiiU would all need to be doing more than the prevoius cods ingame, my bet would be better bots and few minor things. all new systems will be able to handle better bots pretty easily. but CPU requirements for cod are generaly low.

GPU requirements logicly would have a little above 360(as low as they go currently) as minimum, and can be improved up to 550ti as recemended. cod isnt a graphicly great game so the 780 or anything along those lines is BS. 6gigs of ram should be for max everything, but not necessary for minimum. heck the only time we will see 6 gigs legit used in most games is when devs skip texture and other compression. few games will push ram to the max(those that do will use compression to have a effective 12-18gigs ruffly) 50gb for the game also makes very little sence, that is also uncompressed everything. aka devs are using the extra power to be lasy with actual game coding, which will hurt gameplay somewhat next gen, but putting alll their budget in assets(to use the space to push graphics, and expensive as hell) which will also hurt some.

Level 22

I feel sorry for those who will buy the PC version I as an nVidia user am appalled by what IW have done, the listed minimum GPU requirements are so laughable its not even funny. A GTS 450 for nVidia users and a whopping HD 5870 for ATi/AMD users. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the HD 5870 is three times as powerful as a GTS 450, the audicaty IW/nVidia have is unseen. Basically this game requires more ATi/AMD GPU horsepower to even run, than Crysis 3 (The benchmark for PC graphics) does. They must have deliberately coded CoD - Ghosts to run horribly on ATi/AMD hardware.

I had this game in sights for my little sister who plays on a capable mainstream HD 7790, but it looks like I should look elsewhere since the HD 5870 is still a higher class of card. A huge portion of the PC community with very capable cards that are below spec wise to the HD 5870 will suffer.

It does not take a genius to see that this will be a failure on PC.

BTW I am an nVIdia user who is rocking a GTX 680, but even though I buy nVidia cards this sort of partnership that handicaps the users who use ATi/AMD GPU is outright insane and makes me sick. 

Look a this chart, its not even funny:

Graphics Card Performance Hierarchy Chart - Best Graphics Cards For The Money: October 2013

Level 6

in reply to damze

Some good points there damze, sadly all of today's events have only made the community even more confused. Which set of specs are the correct set?As we still do not know what the exact minimum PC specs are?

Level 7

CYBER-NINJA-187 wrote:

Some good points there damze, sadly all of today's events have only made the community even more confused. Which set of specs are the correct set?As we still do not know what the exact minimum PC specs are?

Looks like the ones posted on the blog are as IW has just tweeted it out.

https://twitter.com/InfinityWard/status/393100456315977728

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Thanks, I spotted the Twitter post before I saw you’re sticky on here, so just to clarify, are we to assume that these new IW specs are indeed the correct ones? Or are the Activision ones released earlier today the correct ones? That question remains unanswered.

If you are able to pass that message on upwards to the powers that be and they can just confirm which set is the right set? Then all this confusion will disappear. Sadly all today’s events have achieved, is just to leave the PC community even more in the dark!!!

Level 7

No matter what it is still a disaster. AMD GPU users are completely screwed. 

Level 6

CYBER-NINJA-187 wrote:

Thanks, I spotted the Twitter post before I saw you’re sticky on here, so just to clarify, are we to assume that these new IW specs are indeed the correct ones? Or are the Activision ones released earlier today the correct ones? That question remains unanswered.

If you are able to pass that message on upwards to the powers that be and they can just confirm which set is the right set? Then all this confusion will disappear. Sadly all today’s events have achieved, is just to leave the PC community even more in the dark!!!

Not really any confusion if you actually read both one says MINIMUM the other says RECOMMENDED

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Maccabi

Which web pages are you referring too, as I can only see the word MINIMUM on both? More interestingly Nvidia has now removed the recommended system requirements of the GTX780.  And as of today the DirectX has been changed from a DX9 to a DX11. This may have just been a simple typo, but at least the new eye candy delivered by the new CoD engine will be caressing our eyeballs in greater detail!!

Level 7

I am only concerned about one thing and that is whether or not my OLD OUTDATED computer I am currently using, before I build my own, will at least run the game.

I am using a system that meets all the requirements EXCEPT the GPU which is currently a Nvidia GT 610... I know.

The only reason I don't go out and buy a better card is because the system I am using only has a 305W power supply and I am not sure if other power supplies will be compatible with this dell optiplex 740 mid tower case.

I just want to know if all these requirements that are being put out are just an attempt to sell more graphics cards, or if they are serious requirements. All I know is if I pre-ordered this game and bought the season pass and I can't play on even the lowest settings, I am going to be upset.

What do you think? Should I worry about this problem or is there something else I can do? Any insight will be appreciated.

Level 1

Studios