How to test if your PC will run Ghosts!!!

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

How to test if your PC will run Ghosts!!!

For all those wondering if your #PC will run CoD Ghosts, this handy website will answer all your questions:-

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/call-of-duty-ghosts/11849/?p=a

You can download a Java app, which will scan your PC and tell you if it’s gonna run the game or not? It will also advise you on upgrades as well. Additionally it appears that the first set of required specs form Nvidia are legit too. As the minimum requirements on System Labs matches the Nvidia specs.

Let the Fraggin commence!!!     

Minimum System Requirements

·         CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better

·         RAM: 6 GB RAM

·         HDD: 50 GB HD space

·         Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better

·         Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card

·         DirectX: 11

·         Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.

Now officially confirmed by Activision:-

Call of Duty®: Ghosts

(Note; Admins would you make this thread a sticky please?)

Message was edited by: CYBER-NINJA-187 I just added the official confirmation link from the Activision website.

Level 7
61 REPLIES

Re: How to test if your PC will run Ghosts!!!

in reply to CYBER-NINJA-187

The requirements about game are not official man.So dont post something that doesn't exist.

Level 2

in reply to Nosforia1

in reply to CYBER-NINJA-187

There was a tweet going around, Activision support said that the required spec released by Nvidia were not accurate. The website you linked is one of my favorites for checking if I can run a game I'm not sure about, but until there are official specs released for Ghosts it's kind of pointless.

EDIT: Here is a screencap of the original tweet http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/649/1261/original.jpg

Level 8

in reply to MrAdaptability

MrAdaptability wrote:

There was a tweet going around, Activision support said that the required spec released by Nvidia were not accurate. The website you linked is one of my favorites for checking if I can run a game I'm not sure about, but until there are official specs released for Ghosts it's kind of pointless.

EDIT: Here is a screencap of the original tweet http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/649/1261/original.jpg

why do you keep changing the word official for accurate?

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

If they're not official they're not accurate, pretty easy concept. If they were accurate then Activision would have simply confirmed when asked. What about that is tough to understand?

Level 8

MrAdaptability wrote:

If they're not official they're not accurate, pretty easy concept. If they were accurate then Activision would have simply confirmed when asked. What about that is tough to understand?

No they wouldn't as Atvi haven't officially announced the specs hence they said they weren't official

Level 75

MrAdaptability wrote:

Nvidia spec...

·         CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better

·         RAM: 6 GB RAM

·         HDD: 50 GB HD space

·         Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better

·         Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card

·         DirectX: 11

·         Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.

OFFICIAL ACCURATE PC SPECS FROM ACTIVISION from Call of Duty®: Ghosts

• CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
  • RAM: 6 GB RAM
  • HDD: 50GB HD space
  • Video: NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 550 Ti / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 or better
  • Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
  • DirectX: 11
  • Internet: *Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.

sorry you were saying?

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

I guess I should have been more clear. I was referring to the recommendation of a 780 by Nvidia, which as you'll see is nowhere to be seen and was likely only there for Nvidia new push for 4K gaming. Outside of that everything was reasonable, aside from the 50GB install, that still perplexes me. I don't think I have owned a PC game that took up that much HDD space the next closest being BF3 or SWTOR both of which cracked 30GB AFTER patches and DLC.

Level 8

MrAdaptability wrote:

I guess I should have been more clear. I was referring to the recommendation of a 780 by Nvidia, which as you'll see is nowhere to be seen and was likely only there for Nvidia new push for 4K gaming. Outside of that everything was reasonable, aside from the 50GB install, that still perplexes me. I don't think I have owned a PC game that took up that much HDD space the next closest being BF3 or SWTOR both of which cracked 30GB AFTER patches and DLC.

oh sorry i just assumed EVERY post you jumped on and jumped on me saying those specs weren't accurate and changing what atviassist said was just you being "not clear" . Just save face and admit you were wrong

Level 75

Studios