I made some fixes... stuttering almost over.

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

I made some fixes... stuttering almost over.

NAs...

I'm one of those suffering severe cases of stuttering at the start of matches (usually till my first death). I knew that not was a Graphic Card problem ...

My PC it's at medium point between minimum and recomended requirements... but my I5-760 was usually at 70ºC (160ºF yes, its insane I know it) and my game HD was a normal 500Gb disc.

My first choice to try to fix something was to add a 120GB SSD with a good read/write speed. Then I moved the game there and test.

Results: Stuttering' reduction and one map without it... Sovereign ( I think it's the one with the simplest textures).

It was an improvement.

Then I made some improvements to the cooling of the processor (new cooler&redirecting airflow). Now my I5-760 runs at 35º-40ºC (95º-104ºF).

Results: stuttering almost completely disappeared (rarely, 3-5 secs at some match start ).

Of course, this it's not a permanent solution, IW MUST fix all of this issues (I usually play BO2 1080p with this PC).

But I'm suspecting there is a problem with process activity (the fact that we have to down the priority to make the game run, is a clue), that make some temperature problem in non-highest processors. Then, stuttering is a manifestation of that temperature rise; and when all data management is done, temperature down, and stuttering disapears... I guess...

(p.d. If there is something wrong...sorry about my english...

Level 1
9 REPLIES

Re: I made some fixes... stuttering almost over.

in reply to javitxusan

It's a GPU issue.

It uses 90-98% of your VRAM. Regardless of the amount of VRAM you have.

Level 1

in reply to MellowCream

NAs...

The same VRAM: 1GB  DDR5, before and after make changes. The only two differnt elements were the ssd and the cooler.

Level 1

in reply to MellowCream

Yep ... I've seen Ghosts suck up 5.8GB of a 6GB Titan and all of mine though be it a pair of GTX 770's with paltry 2GB vRAM.

Listen I can make the game run smoothly 'most' of time if I want console grade graphics rendering and lower Textures. It's like looking at blurry muddy crap. There's nothing about this game that's next gen anything:

Compare to BO2 (Low) - http://i.imgur.com/aIcmCdh.jpg

Compare to BO2 (High) - http://i.imgur.com/kSb4346.jpg

Level 28

in reply to Momba1

Yeah, I have a HD 6970. Not a bad card considering it runs BF3 max at a consistent 60FPS. But a game that looks quite a bit worse than BF3 runs horribly. How can IW mess up this bad?

Level 1

in reply to MellowCream

they didn't mess up. they've given minimum requirements for a reason and if you don't get them well that's not their fault.

Level 5

in reply to Porky-Pig

The what?! If a single much less SLI GTX 770's can't render this game with more than muddy textures much less horrible and often FPS Lag & Stutter then 'what is needed' ... a fictional GTX 800/900 series or an 'R10/R11' series GPU(s)?!

Now the new patch seems, one post-patch game only under my belt, to have eliminated SLI and hopefully CF Strobing and hopefully FPS drops including Engagement FPS Drops/Lag.

Level 28

in reply to Momba1

Don't worry about him. He's the author of that glorious post titled "Activision, I love you" (wtf?).

If this was a faulty car instead a game ,Porky is the guy who is in favor of car manufacturer because he is still alive and doesn´t care about others.

Someone who plays MW and  loves Activision and he's registered ONLY 3 months ago? seems like he owed something to IW...

He's forgeting Activision and IW EARNS MONEY sellin'/makin' games ...

We (others players, of course) ask, at least, that games are correctly finished and runs correctly , at minimum, in the minimum specs...When you accept the EULA agreement, it is supposed to do for a finished product.

Level 1

in reply to javitxusan

hey dude what's up with the hating?

If you have some issues, you can always seek professional help.

cheers

Level 5

in reply to Porky-Pig

I have to disagree here. They most certainly did mess something up. Bad coding or something. Theres no reason this game should require a super pc to run properly. Hell i have an older setup, i5 2500k, 8gb ram and a evga gts 560 ti superclocked and I can run BF4 on high with no issues. And Bf4 is definately more graphically intense the ghosts. This game just plain needs to be fixed..

Level 1

Studios