IW, still want COD to be a success on pc? Here's what you have to do.

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Re: IW, still want COD to be a success on pc? Here's what you have to do.

in reply to Drawcansir

If they wanted CoD Ghosts to be a success on PC, they would have launched it with proper support.  

Have no doubt that they are doing extra work to restrict PC to the "Xbox experience"  - They could just release the server files, and allow us to modify what we need in the config (ping, fov,maxfps, etc)   and it would be an insane improvement over what they have done. 

They even removed the ping reading for crying out loud!! (on all platforms!)  Why? There's only one logical reason, It was done in order to hide everyone's ping so they never have to fix connection issues or improve their game... This is not something a developer would do if they had even the tiniest bit of interest in supporting their game.

Level 3

in reply to Drawcansir

100% agree.

First should be FOV because its by far the easiest to implement.

Mouse input fix. It feels completely wrong and delayed and not smooth at all (my biggest issue)

Second on my list is optimisation. The actual game lag to me is the second biggest issue.

Show ping, why was this left out?

Finally dedicated servers. This is a must. BlOps 2 had true dedicated servers. Match making was just used to place you in a server and if I remember correctly you could choose the max ping (or this was MW3, one of the two) which is a must as well.

Level 1

in reply to Raven007140

Raven007140 wrote:

BlOps 2 had true dedicated servers.

Sorry but you could not be more wrong... Black Ops 2 did NOT use "true" dedicated servers.

True dedicated servers consist of 3 primary things present in every other dedicated server system ever used prior to the release of Black Ops 2..

1) Localized servers spread around the entire world - everyone has "local" servers nearby.

2) Admins to enforce civilized behavior and remove problematic players and hackers.

3) A server browser to allow players to instantly see and join servers of their choice.

Black Ops 2 had none of these things...

1) The servers were centralized in only 3-4 max locations worldwide. Many players (myself included) did NOT have local servers when we should have.  - Pings under 100ms were 100% impossible with even the fastest internet available.   (Every other dedicated server system has local servers for me, I can play between 30-60ms)

2) There are no admins in Black Ops 2 whatsoever... in any way shape or form. Players spouting racism, profanity, vulgar obscene sexual innuendo's, and of course hackers, are left completely free to run wild without ever facing consequences.

3) It is 100% impossible to choose what game you join in Black Ops 2... You are at the complete mercy of the matchmaking algorithm and can only click "join game"  - You cannot choose to join dependent upon the map, pings, players, or even server location...

The "servers" in Black Ops 2 actually accomplish the exact opposite of what any properly working server system is supposed to do. The very reason to have dedicated servers in the first place is to allow players to quickly join and play civilized, lag free games of their choice.    In BO2 you have to sit and wait forever to be placed in uncivilized, lag filled games, many of which you would never choose to join.

Level 3

in reply to Drawcansir

100% agreed... hackers are starting to emerge like fungus... seen couple of em in like last 6h... and the way you can report them is crap. As soon as a game ends they tend to leave immediately so you cant even click on nick to report so pretty much they don't care. Dedicated servers?? You bet'cha!! and the ping indicator is needed for sure.

Level 1

in reply to Drawcansir

Happy to see someone put down in words how me and my mates feel. Hopefully this information echoes all the way through to the right ears.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to Drawcansir

The Only way you will get theme to listen and that's to go and camp out side there offices with big banners .

Telling theme  how they have ripped us off again.

when they have a few hundred chanting dedicated servers it may just get there attention ?

Level 1

in reply to UK-JOE

I don't think they can hear us over the sound of all the money they made...CHA-CHING!!... yet again another dissapointing CoD game.

Level 1

in reply to Drawcansir

While they're at it we need proper audio options (voice, music etc).

Level 11

in reply to Drawcansir

Well said and I hope IW and co creators step up to the plate and at least tell the community they are working on their baby. I would be happy with the lag to go away if anything. I am 55 down and 15 up and never had so much lag even in BO1. IW customer service please!!!!!!!!!!

Level 8

Studios