Met a cheater in the game (PC), but couldn't report them because they ran off the lobby right after the game ended? Remember their name? Great! Here's how you report them! (note: this works for PC)

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Met a cheater in the game (PC), but couldn't report them because they ran off the lobby right after the game ended? Remember their name? Great! Here's how you report them! (note: this works for PC)

Wondering how to report a cheater you played with who left as soon as the game ended? Its simple!

Please note: this was made for PC version of the game as I only have a PC, I'm not sure you can do a similar thing on consoles, not sure there are cheaters on consoles.

I just played with some obvious cheaters (you can tell when they simply follow the big red YOU through walls till they kill you on Killcam). I told everyone to report them several times since they were extremely abusive (aimbot with a small radius, not aiming through walls, wallhack, zero recoil).

As soon as the game ended, they immediately exited, so people couldn't report them.

But thats not a problem!!!

Just press F1 (Friends menu), slide right (arrow on the upper right edge of the screen), and you'll see players you played with recently. There you have it! Your dear cheaters!
Reported every one I suspected of cheating (they were pretty obvious).

Hope it helps you keep the game nice and clean!

- edit -

PS: This works for PC. When you press F1, it opens up "Friends" menu, but you can slide to the next tab, which has "recent players" list, and sorts them by amount of time since you last met them. It may not work properly, though, in this case I recommend shutting down the game and signing out of steam, then restarting Steam and re-logging into Steam, and then restarting the game. This sometimes helps me update achiements and friend lists in Steam. This doesn't guarantee your list will populate with recent players, not sure if they'll appear later if they didn't appear in the first place. It could potentially clean the recent players list as well, so use this as a "last resort" when recent players list doesn't update properly.

Official article about reporting cheaters on Activision support can be found here:

Activision Support

Although it was made for consoles.

Thanks, Claire JeepChick!

Added some clarifications. Thanks, danquake!

Сообщение отредактировано: YuriUA

Level 10
20 REPLIES

Re: Met a cheater in the game, but couldn't report them because they ran off the lobby right after the game ended? Remember their name? Great! Here's how you report them!

in reply to YuriUA

This never updates for me in Ghosts. The earliest one there for me is 13 days ago...

Level 5

Re: Met a cheater in the game, but couldn't report them because they ran off the lobby right after the game ended? Remember their name? Great! Here's how you report them!

in reply to YuriUA

Doesn't work with Ghosts...

Level 1

in reply to VeneficTec

Just left a lobby winning guy was 21-2 only 3 people left on our team the others left cuz of flagrant cheating. What's the use I can't make myself go back and try again the usual response is what I just experienced leave the game when it's obvious a cheater is dominating the game.

Level 4

Re: Met a cheater in the game (PC), but couldn't report them because they ran off the lobby right after the game ended? Remember their name? Great! Here's how you report them! (note: this works for PC)

in reply to YuriUA

danquake,

ur absolutely right, i know when to say i was wrong and i'm doing it right now. This way works and it's ok. Let's hope they'll at least ban those who hack... All ppl who read this. just follow what danquake wrote and let's hope for fast bans to hackers...

Level 1

Re: Met a cheater in the game (PC), but couldn't report them because they ran off the lobby right after the game ended? Remember their name? Great! Here's how you report them! (note: this works for PC)

in reply to YuriUA

I was lucky today. very few cheaters. Several people were. After the end of the round, he immediately fled. He was not in the list of recent players.

Level 5

in reply to YuriUA

Give me my dedicated server that I can put on my box and a ban button.

I just need to know one thing... where they are. http://imageshack.us/a/img109/8039/or4x.jpg

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to SeeVee

Imma huge Aliens fan and You just destroyed me mate

I hope you'r right i really do.

Level 1

in reply to VeneficTec

It's the most cost effective and best option for them and it makes total sense... they'd be fools not to release free dedicated servers for hosters with admin tools.

The best anti cheat I have ever seen is an active community and admins that can ban

Level 9

in reply to YuriUA

Works for me, I remembered the good 'ol F1 menu a while ago when I ran into one of those cheaters with every single perk and a minigun in their classes

Ghosts seems to be a ridiculously exploitable game considering that you can use methods from MW3 to do a certain something, IW, fix your stuff please! I'm sick of playing with people that have every perk, special streaks and miniguns at the match start, it's annoying! Not to mention the lag!

On-topic, this is the only effective way to report them, though I highly doubt anyone will end up banned

What I do not agree with is calling iZe clan cheaters, I've played with an against them, they're very good players but definitely don't cheat [unless they decided to start using perk hacks!]

Level 4

Studios