Met a cheater in the game (PC), but couldn't report them because they ran off the lobby right after the game ended? Remember their name? Great! Here's how you report them! (note: this works for PC)

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Re: Met a cheater in the game (PC), but couldn't report them because they ran off the lobby right after the game ended? Remember their name? Great! Here's how you report them! (note: this works for PC)

in reply to Rethill21

Also don't forget that I could add that clan tag to my steam name and then go play with cheats/hacks making them look like cheaters to incriminate them.

If they released dedicated servers to people then we'd be able to ban by steam ID... problem solved.

Level 9

Re: Met a cheater in the game (PC), but couldn't report them because they ran off the lobby right after the game ended? Remember their name? Great! Here's how you report them! (note: this works for PC)

in reply to YuriUA

Funny thing is but, Have a look at the BO2 forum, there are still people posting that they got banned and its not fair (awwwww). Even when BO2 was first launched you had heaps o people going mental coz they got caught cheating and banned.

I was expecting the same on this forum but oh no... its the other way round... people are begging for them to do something ... not a good sign i guess

Level 2

in reply to Solanaceae

Yea they probably already abandoned the game cause they don't give a damn about the consumer. If nothing is done before the DLC starts coming out I am not even going to bother. I mean why buy DLC for a game that's broken anyways?

Level 23

in reply to Adam1234567893

They're working on fixing issues. It takes a while, though, as Activision is a large company, before anything can be done, it has to pass a couple of procedures, which may take a while (you don't want a patch that makes the game not start for half of users, and with fast patching that can happen).

Level 10

in reply to YuriUA

It didn't take this long to patch the game in MW3 and that game even got better after every patch.

Level 23

in reply to Adam1234567893

They fixed it in under 2 weeks?

As far as I remember, it took them longer than 3 months to make MW2 more-or-less playable, but they also balanced the guns so bad I lost interest in most fun modes (akimbo 1887, grenade launcher + scavenger, semi-auto sniping with 1 hit kills).

Funny thing: when I reached prestige 10 on my Black Ops account, they didn't reset it, even though I asked them to. I did not connect to a modded lobby once, just played a lot for 3 months. After a week of playing with no experience, no rewards ect it became extra boring so I had to reset my stats or quit. Since there was no way to reset, I quit BO.

Level 10

in reply to YuriUA

dude really... make more or less playable? MW2 was playable since the beginning. get your story straight and stop the damn whining. if you wane quit and cant? remove your account and start over, simple as that!!!

getting sick of people like you whining about every game they have. don't like it? leave and play something else!

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to Porky-Pig

Just got finished playing a guy who was spawning with the Mini gun

Everytime he died he had it when he spawned

After game had finished you look at his profile and his picture of his soldier was carrying the minigun

Is this a cheat or can this be done legal

Level 1

in reply to Porky-Pig

I probably shouldn't reply to such a disrespectful post, but I will make an exception this time.

"leave and play something else!"
Thats what I did with Black Ops 1.

I believe some explanation is necessary:

Modern Warfare 2 (not 3) was not playable from the beginning:

- it had terrible connections all over the place - constant lag spikes, host could be downloading stuff in the background and everyone suffered and we couldn't force a host migration;

- hosts had a huge advantage over clients - you could empty your magazine into their face and they would come to you and knife you in the face - killcamp wouldn't even show 1 bullet shot, I know, I had that happen many times;

- there was constant host migration, sometimes migration, followed by migration, followed by migration, followed by disconnect;

- some weapons were ridiculously powerful, you could join the game just to see a few persons with akimbo 1887 just dominating the game - they were running around killing everyone on their way (terminator-style);

- sometimes you would spend more time looking for a lobby to join than actually playing the game (my steam record said I played 470 hours, but my in-game record said I spent only about half of that time actually running and gunning).

There were other problems, like lost connections, lost progress, terrible performance ect.

They took a while to fix most of these issues. The game became playable with rare host migration, host advantage decreased greatly, performance issues were mostly fixed, guns became balanced ect. Took them a while, though.

This should be no surprise to you, since you certainly remember that Modern Warfare 2 was the first game in series with peer-to-peer multiplayer connection on PC, and there was a petition by players to Infinity Ward, signed by over 100k players, and IW promised to listen, and listen they did (not that it changed anything in MW2 or MW3 or Ghosts - they're still P2P)

With Black Ops it was entirely different. The game was pretty much playable from the start (except for performance issues, I never had any but lots of people posted on forums), guns were balanced, the game was lots of fun. Upon reaching prestige 10 lvl 55 you could still play the game but there was no way to reset your stats. Your soldier profile was tied down to your game serial number. There was no Activision profile. At the same time I heard of people who lost all their progress and players getting a reset by Activision staff. So I asked around but couldn't get my stats reset. So I stopped playing Black Ops.

PS: when you're getting sick of people, I recommend ignoring their comments instead of replying. This works extremely well.

Level 10

in reply to YuriUA

I didn't say MW2 that game didn't even get patched and yet it still runs better then all the Call of Duties after it lol. I was talking about MW3 and they patched it almost every two weeks and something got fixed every time.

Level 23

Studios