Minimum of 90 FOV is a MUST for PC

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Re: Minimum of 90 FOV is a MUST for PC

in reply to Radical_53

I'm the last to argue against a FOV of 90 - period. I go back and forth often between 75-80 and 90 and one of the top BO2 players, TheXDeity, only uses 65 and he's a 100% rusher and uses as I do an AR i.e. only hip-firing as a last resort. On an SMG and in close range + Dexterity sure hip-fire...

Level 28

in reply to Scrullet11

I am in total agreement with the OP, a 90 degree FOV is a must and a slider would give us all more options to play around with. As I’ve been gaming with an 80-90 deg FOV since CoD 4, anything else just seems claustrophobic and gives me headaches and eye strains too. So a default of 65 degrees would be a total disaster for me and many others too!!!

The fact that IW has been extremely tight lipped on this and only stated that there will be no FOV slider at launch, with one perhaps coming post-launch? Gives us hope for the future, but nothing more than that. Actions speak louder than their words and until they deliver it, this silence leaves us all hanging and feeling frustrated.

However, the default FOV in Ghosts may be set higher on the PC version? It may well be set at something like 80 degrees? Which was the default setting on CoD 4. This is pure speculation on my part and may explain why they have been so tight lipped? I am not defending IW here, as the lack of information released is bordering on the side of pathetic now. I would be happy to play with an initial FOV of 80, but I would prefer it to be adjustable to 90 degrees. If only they would just come out and say something along those lines? Their silence is the one thing which grates on this community more than anything else. Poor communication only leads to anger, frustration and dissent amongst its loyal fan base. So yet again we call for a PC Community Manager. Come on IW you say you’re listening, well actions DO speak louder than words, so come on - READY UP!!!

Level 7

in reply to CYBER-NINJA-187

Now correct me if I am wrong on all this but it seems like with the newer COD games all they do is port it from console to PC and this is why PC gamers lose out on settings we should have. If this is true why don't they just stop making games for PC and stick with console. I know many PC gamers who will not even touch COD games anymore due to not being able to pick your own servers, fov and fps lock on Ghosts.

When I told my clan I was going to try COD again all I got was lol due to it be like gaming on a console/ xbox even to you spent big $$$ on the PC

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to SK8Mojo

SK8Mojo wrote:

Now correct me if I am wrong on all this but it seems like with the newer COD games all they do is port it from console to PC and this is why PC gamers lose out on settings we should have.

Well the games are written on a PC and optimized for consoles (emulators) and the PC is more-less a re-porting of the game. FOV initial release issues aren't new to Ghosts, and at some point there will be a 'FOV Slider' .. maybe. I say maybe only because for the first time in the 'Clan Wars' you'll be able to play the PC v/s Consoles and since their FOV is locked at 65 my 'guess' is why IW also is locking the FOV to the same i.e. no perceived advantages; we all know there is an advantage to PC over Consoles so that aspect of the game will indeed be interesting.

Supposedly, there will be rentable un-ranked servers but I still haven't seen anything official from IW or Activision other than that re-Tweet from a third-party.

Level 28

in reply to Momba1

There wont be any cross platform.

Level 1

in reply to Scrullet11

Yep there is and it's limited to Clan v/s Clan.

Level 28

in reply to Momba1

No there is not. The only thing cross platform is the Clan, not the actual matches. This means you can have PC and XBox players in the same Clan, but they won't ever play together in the same match. Their stats will probably contribute to the same Clan, but there won't be any real cross platform gameplay.

Level 6

in reply to Momba1

What I don't understand then is why my screen res 5760 x 1080 NEVER lol never works correct but only with COD games all other fps are fine but cod always looks stretched. So I have had to use wide screen fixer and in this day and age this is just wrong lol

Level 2

in reply to SK8Mojo

It's the same problem for anything > 16:9, i.e 2560x1080, and the solution you're running is it.

Level 28

in reply to SK8Mojo

Momba’s words ring true. The issues you are experiencing may be somewhere within your settings, have a look on the wide screen forum. But sadly the most likely reason for your issues, are due to the game either not being coded for a triple monitor set-up? The engine can’t handle the increased real estate? Or it’s just not optimised for the 5760x1080 resolution? And why is this such a frustrating scenario? Well the answer is most probably due to the fact that console crunchers do not use triple monitor set-ups.

Level 7

Studios