Mouse or Gamepad?

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Mouse or Gamepad?

Would you like full support on the controller on PC or would you stick with your competitive mouse and keyboard setup? , I know I would love to see the full support to controllers, its just what PC need to attract some peoples. Not saying gamepads are better, clearly it isn't but its more relaxing and for some people (clearly me) COD is for having fun and having a good time. I don't see the issue on having this controller support option if some people still have an advantage on the mouse, and its will be better cause that's what is the best on PC "Options".

Level 1
49 REPLIES

Re: Mouse or Gamepad?

in reply to Overking2

It's doesn't matter to me and I assume most feel the same way that the PC version include both Controller support and Keyboard/Mouse support as it is now.

What would be interesting is to have that same support on the Consoles e.g. Xbox One.

Level 28

in reply to Momba1

Its more option, resulting more people to play, not everyone likes K/M, so why not satisfy those who dont like it, I suppose that it isn't that hard to do.

Level 1

in reply to Momba1

I totally agree, I sure would like to get the Xbox One Controller for my future pc!

Level 2

in reply to Overking2

The only reason why I play FPS games on PC and not consoles is the fact that I can use KB+mice. So no. I do not want controllers.

Level 5

Game pads put more strain on your hands causing unnatural movements that can quickly lead to arthritis and other injuries.

Playing with mouse and keyboard is better for your hands, wrists and fingers in every way but there is a wrong way too which can cause issues although not as serious or prolonged as the game pad.

Keeping that in mind I'd rather use mouse/keyboard so I can game for many more years.  All these console FPS games that have aim assist reveals one thing, that they are obviously more difficult to use in such games and less precise as a result. If anything all the consoles should support mouse and keyboard... I'd be inclined to say sales would go up if they did.

In the past a friend of mine and I tested this out and he is very good with the game pad as this is all he uses for his xbox and playstation. We played against each other on the PC and he used a game pad with aim assist and the mouse and keyboard performed as a superior controller... granted I use one of these, it is still a keyboard: Cyber Snipa CSGPBK01R JOYSTICK - Newegg.com

and my mouse: Cyber Snipa CSLMSL01 Black Mouse - Newegg.com

It takes less of and more natural movements for the M&K so your brain can actually relay the information quicker and it is less information instruction-wise.

.... and reading what I just wrote, I sound like a damn nerd HAHAHAHA!

Level 9

in reply to Overking2

Yes i think that would be a great idea, adding aim assist to the controller along with full controller support! ATLW you can you use your mouse, BUT GIVING THE PEOPLE THE OPTION TO USE CONTROLLERS ON PC! could bring more people from console to pc!

PC gaming population has dropped unless your playing WOW or some other mmo, theres tons of benefits for this like!

1,) Migrations from console to pc, which means (more population for pc gamers)

2.) More devs will port games to pc

3.)  Being able to upgrade the pc and not the console, will be a nice treat for those that move over to pc

with the new steam interface using your xbox controller, gives the people a nice familiar console felling that everyone knows.

steam interface also has a built in web browser that you can use with the controller.

I myself enjoy pc games with mouse and keyboard, but would also like to pawn some with the controller! lol jp jp

But i Agree with controllers 100% PC and GamePads UNITE!

Level 1

in reply to thpg89

Ive came from console to pc last year,

i fought the specs of the new consoles was a joke. so i made my rig instead.

i don't like the idea of k/m on cod games, abit to hardcore for me.

id raver sit back and use my controller.

now my nephew wants do same thing.

so yes its a good thing because it will unite us.

just shame there isn't other options other than steam

Level 2

in reply to Overking2

Nobody would want to play with a Controller unless you have aim assist. If they would enable Aim Assist for Controller users, some people would find a work-around to use K/M + Aim Assist.

Level 6

in reply to Th3_St4lk3r

well other games such as crysis 2 and 3, far cry 3, lostplanet 3, max payne 3 lol lot of 3's even red faction all have aim asist on controllers if im not mistaken so does medal of honor! all these are great games with full aim assist some even have a built in aim assist slider to increase and decrease the strenght of aim assist or the pull of the aim assist. so dont worry about this game with aim assist hack youll be ok! plus youll get pawn the controller so have fun bro and wait 2 weeks 5 days we will get to play some mp!!!!!

check this out!

Call of Duty: Ghosts for PC will have full controller support, according to the Steam description page.

With this feature, you’ll be able to play Ghosts using your console controller on the PC.

Infinity Ward has pushed for greater PC support with Ghosts, and today the even said that the PC will have the bes...

click below to see link

Ghosts for PC will have full controller support - Charlie INTEL Blog: Call of Duty Ghosts – Black Op...

Gamepads and PCS UNITE! A NEW BREED OF PC GAMERS!

Level 1

Studios