One of 500 - Prestige Edition: Question

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Re: One of 500 - Prestige Edition: Question

in reply to Aotearas

Sorry, I am unable to provide an email to assist you any further, because I would not know of any. However, my suggestion would be use a home phone and buy a long distance calling card to get in touch with them. Good luck. 

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to Aotearas

Did you get any reply from them? I was one of 500 too, but I did not get any emails or calls. Game will be released in 2 weeks.

When I was at GamesCom, I asked a lot of Activision staff about how and when we will be contacted, but nobody knew anything

Level 1

in reply to TSYTSMAN

It's not actually for me, I am not inquiring about my concern, I am helping out another person, that is Aotearas. He is having trouble to get touch with Activision to claim his prize.

Level 2

in reply to FULLBLACK2

I know, I think I have made a comment to his comment, but this comment tree is complicated and confusing.

Level 1

in reply to Aotearas

Don't get your hopes up. In all seriousness since there won't be a prestige version for the PC it is highly likely that IF you do end up getting a free copy they will ONLY offer you a console prestige copy.

I'd be very surprised if they even answer your e-mail, especially given Activision's long track record of completely ignoring PC customers.   It's almost like they have a filter that auto-deletes any e-mails from PC users.

Either way, if by some miracle you do get a PC version for free, it won't be anything other than a standard digital copy as that's all they offer on PC.

Good luck.

Level 4

in reply to Aotearas

Well, just checked back Twitter (thanks for NOT sending me a notification per mail being instructed to according to the checked option in the settings by the way ...stupid Twitter) and they said they can't help and "I would be contacted soon" ... well, whatever.

Apparently no one is responsible for that whole promotion so I guess my chances to actually get anything despite still having that cute little flyer in front of me on my desk are quickly approaching zero.

Doubly so as the promotional talk was about shipping those free Prestige Editions straight from the US, which would mean the deadline is about a week before release, as in about right now ... and they don't even know my adress yet, because they never bothered to ask.

Real smooth, Activision, real smooth.

Level 2

in reply to Aotearas

That sounds really discouraging pal! Sorry to hear about it. Btw, there was never a hardened edition or prestige edition for PC!

Level 2

in reply to FULLBLACK2

Hardened yes, but only digital hardened through steam.

Level 4

in reply to Aotearas

everyone who won a 500 ticket is being contacted atm . the game is two weeks away dont panic

the german team is grinding away contacting people as is the uk team.

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Well, here's to hoping.

I'll happily wait either way, mostly because my current budget for games is all tied up with Bf4 and X-Rebirth, so even if I wanted the game really badly at launch, I wouldn't have money for it. And alongside Bf4 I'd already have my shooter action settled.

As long as I get a copy of the game, I'll be happy. If I don't get one, well, not much of a loss seeing how I didn't pay anything, but would be disappointing (and not a good incentive to explore the franchise seeing how it would be my first CoD).

I'll keep this updated anyhow if anything should come my way ... or not.

Level 2

Studios