My blood is boiling over the PC version of this game. IW tried talking it up, acting like for once they would make a respectable PC version of their game, but here we go with IW just crapping all over PC players again. Here are all the disgraces of Ghosts:
1. PLEASE, somebody give me just ONE GOOD REASON why there is not an FOV slider in this game? BLOPS2 had adjustable FOV up to 90, I am appalled that IW took a step backward here. FOV slider is CRITICAL for any first person PC game. It's such a simple thing to ask for, and it's such a slap in the face that it's been taken away from PC after it was available in BO2. I simply cannot play the game at 65 FOV, it gives me motion sickness. To make matters worse, they are now banning players who use a 3rd party FOV changer, which is something they didn't do in MW3.
2. HORRIBLE OPTIMIZATION. This game performs terribly on high-end hardware that can max out BF4 at 60FPS and put next-gen console hardware to shame. I use an HD 7970 which is far more powerful than the PS4 or X1's graphics chip and the game constantly runs below 60fps with horrible stuttering. Even when I overclock it to a massive 1300Mhz I still can't hold 60fps unless I turn off anti-aliasing. COD is a game that absolutely MUST be butter smooth to fit with it's gameplay.
3. Memory leakage. When using a GPU that has 6GB+ of VRAM, the game will use over 5GB of VRAM. The funny thing is, BF4 has better graphics and manages to use less than 3GB of VRAM with all ultra settings. Unless you have $1000 to spend on a GTX Titan, your GPU will run out of VRAM, which results in hideous stuttering.
4. 6GB system RAM requirement. This is such a joke. The game only uses 2GB of system RAM, stop trying to make it sound like you actually put work into making your game require powerful hardware to run.
5. Mouse input problems. In Windows 8.1 (and maybe others) there is all kinds of mouse jitter and wild sensitivity variations, resulting in both mouse movement acceleration and lag, making the game literally unplayable. This needs to be fixed IMMEDIATELY.
6. 91FPS frame rate limit again. Seriously? Are we still in 2004 or something? Another thing that BO2 fixed (allowing 120fps in League Play and 200fps in public matches) that IW just decided to flush down the toilet. Just like 65 FOV, there is absolutely NO REASON that this game should be capped at 91 FPS.
7. Freezes and crashes. If this were a beta, I'd understand, but this is totally unacceptable in a retail release. Oh wait, I forgot, this IS a beta apparently.
8. PC VERSION DOES NOT USE SUB-D. This is another infuriating slap-in-the-face to PC gamers. Next-gen consoles, which are weaker than even a modern mid-range PC right now, use Sub-D technology to keep rounded edges smooth, but for some reason unknown to even God himself, IW decided to leave this feature out of the PC version!!! I'm going to assume pure laziness.
This is a disgrace. I want my money back, but unfortunately Steam doesn't give you a 1-week time window to refund the game unlike Origin, so I'm out of $60 now.
yes, you ' re right ,
and 50% of the players have a game crash or ...
Amen! I really hate the minimum of 6gb ram. I first had 2 sticks of ram (4gb each) and a few weeks ago 1 stopt working, so now I cant play the fucking game!?!?
Sad I cant return the game because I already used the activation code.
i had 1x 4 now 1x4 1x2 , 50euro for this shit
50 euro's is a lot of money for a 2gb ram stick. They usually cost 15 euro's (here in holland).
Well for those whom already didn't know this is just a reskinned version of MW3... IW & Activision took the lazy way out to making themselves a healthy profit and there Dev's along with them it seems..
They really have no care in this world to make a better product or game for the PC gamers or for anyone in this case, They choose to pick the easiest way's to develope the game and push it out onto shelves knowing full well everyone will buy into there hyped up advertisements and buy the game.. And after watching millions of negative reviews and feedback responces and the lack of respect and responce they have for the PC community I say Boycott them and move on they honestly don't care about the PC community I swear they only care about 1 thing is $$$$$$$ and not the people. They say we the people have the voice to change a million things but with this case $$$$ has the voice and we have lost our voice to the developers of IW & Activision and other dev's that took part in this game... You all can keep posting your complaints and feedback and issues and requests 2 billion times over and they are never going to look at them nor read them.. I say lets all stand together and beGHOSTS and dissapear from there forums make the inactivity the death to the publisher & developers! We have a voice and we will stand strong but not in there forums or on there site we are just fueling a empty fire!
STAND WITH US AND HELP MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD AND GIVE THEM SILENCE ON THE SITE AND DIMINISH ALL COMMUNICATION WITH THE PUBLISHER AND DEVELOPERS!!!
I would call it fair if my single player campaign worked. Sure, my Intel HD 4000 graphics card is waaaay below system requirements, but it runs squads and multiplayer just fine (with everything looking like blobs). When I try to run the single player, I get about 5 minutes of cinematic in before
"Direct3DDevice:resent failed (DEVICE REMOVED): DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG (-2005270523)"
According to the Microsoft website, this happens because: The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.
GG, Infinity Ward.
Pretty funny you talk about how bad your rig is , then blame them.
It's actually not the application's fault, to be honestly... You will get that same message when you have overclocked any graphics card too far and made it unstable. Most of the time, that message means the problem is from an unstable GPU or one that is too weak.