PC Ghosts is a joke, and here's why:

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Re: PC Ghosts is a joke, and here's why:

in reply to iamhollywood5

guys i have fucked about all day too get on these forums lol i am currently speaking with an activision support tech and i am going too forward them this link with all the problems and hope too god they can do something

Level 1

Same thing happens to my rig as well. I have a GTX 780 with 16 GB of RAM. The FPS is locked at 60 FPS and constantly drops down to 50s when I quickly change the view/aim using the mouse. Other thing is that the mouse is stuttering. This is much much worse than Black Ops 2, which I can max out everything and still get 120 FPS with silky smooth gameplay. IW, please fix this problem ASAP. Nobody wants this experience.

Level 1

hey guys i dont know if this will matter but the tech i have just spoken too took a screen grab of my pc specs for canyourunit and obviously he says its fine, so i went on too explain that every one is purely pissed off  about all the performance issues with the game and that he should have who ever he files his report too check the forums for pc because as i said too him the community is in uproar over paying good hard earned money for a pile of steaming shit, so anyway the guy hs said that he himself has recieved over a 1000 complaints personally over these issues, so he is making a full detailed report and its going too be passed through several levels of activision who make the decision on what too do next, as i finished with it better be soon because you will be losing alot of faithful players if a patch is not released soon.

Level 1

Amazing how they managed to screw up with this game on PC, all I see is FPS drops and stutter most likely due to memory leaks of some sort. They need to fix these technical issues ASAP, zero time was spent testing the PC version. Treyarch and their PC team lead by PCDEV are light years ahead of IW when it comes to actually making a PC version that functions as it should.

Level 6

in reply to damze

Yup.  BO2 had a fantastic PC version.  IW really needs a guy like PCDev...

Level 20
Highlighted

Wait a minute... just realized the PC version isn't even dedicated servers.

That's probably the most enraging thing yet.  I'm speechless.

Level 20

I am pissed off. I have a top of a line pc. 3 GTX Titans, 16gigs of Ram, overclocked Intel extreme processor and the game plays like crap. BO2 game play is better than Ghost..and I hate BO2! I am very disappointed..maybe infinity Ward will fix there broken game.. Also the graphics are shockingly horrible!!! Again BO2 is so much better compared to ghost, I thought I was playing Mw3 or mw2..

Level 1

in reply to 0311Blurr

I totally agree with you. Even if you turn the graphics detail from high to extra will still be meh.... and BO2 gameplay is so much smoother than Ghosts.

Level 1

For myself I was able to solve the Direct3d issue and Freezes:

Solved ? : Ghosts Freezes / Locks in game / Direct3DDevice:Smiley Tongueresent failed

Level 3

I pretty much agree with the OP here even if I'd put it in less vitriolic language. I've seen a lot of reviews slamming Ghosts based on game design choices, but I'm absolutely fine with almost all of those, and am even positively happy with the new character customization and the new movement mechanics. All my gripes are technical. By all appearances, PC owners got a port of the current-gen console version, which makes absolutely no sense, and unlike console gamers are apparently not going to be able to upgrade it to what--let's be honest--is the real version of the game: the next-gen console version or at least, the aggregate of its features. There's no reason for everything that the PS4 or Xbox One version of the game can have or do to not also be accessible to PC gamers; we either have the hardware to handle it--in some cases way more than enough--or, if we don't, can turn down our settings.

My request to IW is that we get a patch that brings the graphics of the PC version up to snuff with the next-gen console versions and adds a FoV slider. That would eliminate, I think, 90% of the complaints from the PC community at least. And you have the ability to do that, IW. If you can port the PS3 version, you can port over the PS4 upgrades.

Level 1

Studios