PC community, DISCUSSION against RAM limitation on Ghosts

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Re: PC community, please vote against RAM limitation on Ghosts

in reply to smello

How do you know it uses 2 GB? Because some angry kid told you so?

I can clearly see it uses upwards of 4GB. How do you imagine fitting 4GB process + Windows itself into 4GB?

Level 4

in reply to VioletGiraffe

nah not because some angry kid told me infact, i've got a friend with the same problem who downloaded and installed the RAM fix for multiplayer and singleplayer, then we did ctrl + alt + delete and looked at how much RAM ghosts actually used and it said it used about 1.8gb in the main menu and ingame, also not only one angry kid says it, there are at least 3000 angry kids, including myself. and there is proof all over the internet. just look it up, and even if my pc couldn't handle it, this is the first game on wich i see a limitation on RAM. and btw im not going to install the RAM fix on my pc because from what i heard, steam is banning players just for trying to play a game that they actually bought.

Level 3

in reply to Prototypx97

Looking into this with the coders, I'll let you know what they come back with.

in reply to candyslexia

Nice, Thank You!

Level 1

in reply to Prototypx97

When I click on the link it says that the petition has 0 supporters. What's up with that?

@:

Why should there be a 6GB limitation? The game doesn't even use half of that when I run it and that seems to be the case for everybody else as well. In fact, there are barely any programs that always really need that much RAM minimum.

Level 1

in reply to HypnoDisk

I have 8GB of RAM and with the game running (and pretty much nothing else) I only have 2 GB free, 6GB occupied. That's 4-5 GB for the game itself, 1-2 for Windows and services.

Level 4
Highlighted

in reply to Prototypx97

i don't understand how some people who can play the game don't want this for us 4 gb players. why do you wanna take this away from us? there is no reason what so ever for you to disagree on this, if anything it would benefit you guys aswell because there would be more players online at a time wich is better because there would be faster matchmaking ans stuff like that. since there is more players.

Level 3

in reply to Prototypx97

I have exactly 6gb of ram. 3 x 2gb sticks. I bought it 4 years ago.... Seriously guys, this is one of those problems you are causing yourself. Just get some more ram, it's fairly cheap.

Level 7

in reply to WhiskeyDex

oh come on, not everybody has money to buy more i got 4 gigs (wich SHOULD be enough for a cod game) but aside from that even if i didn't meet the minimum system requirements on the box i should've been able to try? i have never seen a RAM limitation on any game that i've ever played. cod is sure to be the first ever.

Level 3

in reply to smello

Every single game out there has a Ram limitation. Every single one. This is just the first one you have not met. If you don't have the money to upgrade your PC at least once a decade, you need to play decade old games. Things move forward. I am not sure why the ram limitation is in place, but if it could be lowered without compromising the enjoyability of the game, IW would do it. They want as large of a market as possible. Whatever the reason though, it doesn't matter. Minimum ram required to play Ghosts is 6gb. If you ignored that and bought the game anyways.... Well that was a pretty dumb move, no offense.

Level 7

Studios