PC community, DISCUSSION against RAM limitation on Ghosts

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Re: PC community, please vote against RAM limitation on Ghosts

in reply to Prototypx97

WhiskeyDex, The problem is, they said you need 6gb ram to run the game, but in-theory the game only uses 1.8 gb of ram so people have the right to complain!! this arguement is not for me as stated above I am fine for running the game, but I do feel for the rest of the crewe who can't...

Level 1

in reply to LaneyEFC

Check your swap file. Or your VRAM usage. The game needs plenty of memory to work.

Level 13

in reply to Prototypx97

I'm all for the limitation. Seriously, we've been running 4GB+ for ages now. 64-bit OS's have been around for almost 10 years. "Next-gen" consoles will have 8GB.

So what exactly would be the reason current games shouldn't use more than 4GB of RAM?

Level 13

in reply to Prototypx97

The thing is I have 6 gb of ram but I still get the fatal error that I don't meet min requirements .... Infinity Ward had some serious problems they don't give a dahm about pc community... so even if you meet the min requirements you might not even be allowed to play still....

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to DJ-Bubblez

it could be that some of your ram is defective so your computer is not utilizing all of it.

Level 1

in reply to Prototypx97

I vote against this. Why should they waste money/resources making the game play for people that dont meet the posted minimums instead of fixing the game or adding content to those of us that are playing right now

Level 1

in reply to Prototypx97

Dear lord! ... let people with less then 6+ GB ram play >.< ... PC CoD Ghosts is almost dead! ... it's 14:30 EU Primetime here and barley 10,000 People are online and maybe 3000 of them are playing! ...

Level 3

in reply to BugStein

50% of the Pc Gamer can not play the Game because the RAM lock.. this is soo bad.. The game looks very nice.. I want to play it but i cant ..

Level 1

in reply to Prototypx97

you guys are really something. Voting because you cant buy more than 6G RAM? Really. So next year when the requirements say 8G and its using up to 6G you still going to complain about it? You will need to upgrade your RAM if you wanne play in the future. games are evolving, so does your pc. Just buy those 2 extra RAM for like 20€??? You bought a game of 60 + season pass probably (another60€). So what you going to complain about another 20€.

I've seen the specs. i had only 4G RAM. You know what i did? Buy myself an extra 8G RAM and a new Graphics card. Why? because now i know that i will be playing COD for the next 3 years while all you whiners will cry AGAIN next year when the specs go higher again.

So stop complaining about the little things when there are bigger issues to attend first.

Level 5

in reply to Porky-Pig

I think to be fair they should also make it so this game runs on Windows 98m as well for all those people who still cant even run windows XP

Level 72

Studios