PC community, DISCUSSION against RAM limitation on Ghosts

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

PC community, DISCUSSION against RAM limitation on Ghosts

Please DISCUSS in this petition. If you have 6GB+Ram still do it. We need larger community of players right now this limitation did a backfire on them [REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

Message was edited by: jeepchick - altered from Petition to Discussion

Level 1
31 REPLIES

Re: PC community, please vote against RAM limitation on Ghosts

in reply to Prototypx97

3000+ people already showing support to this cause. How long before IW take a look?

Level 1

in reply to Prototypx97

voted, this would only benefit cod.

Level 3

in reply to Prototypx97

Voted... Keep 'em comin'

Level 1

in reply to Prototypx97

I vote FOR the limitation, it's there for a reason. Where can I sign?..

Level 4

in reply to VioletGiraffe

Why? It's not IW's nor your place to dictate what kind of hardware people must have. If I buy the game and find out it doesn't run well I have two choices, run it at lowest possible settings or upgrade my hardware. That choice falls solely on my, IW has no business making it for me.

I also want to point out that in 13 years of pc gaming I've never come across a developer that put a hard lock like this place. It's possibly the worst move IW has ever made in the history of COD and it's clear now 3arc is the better pc developer. You can bet your ass PCDev would never in a million years do something like this.

Level 4

in reply to Drawcansir

No, it is their game and their right to set minimum system requirements to ensure smooth gameplay even on slowest supported PCs. Don't buy a game if your system doesn't meet minimal requirements. It wont' work. Plain and simple. Stop bitching already.

As I've mentioned in another of 100500 threads on this subject, I'm a software developer and I also had to make calls on what hardware I will support and what I will not. It's always the right call to show a message: "Your rig doesn't meet minimal specs" and exit graciously, than attempt to launch but work very poorly, and then listen kids complain about how your software is bad. I also strongly believe that a gaming PC with only 4GB cannot be considered a gaming PC in 2013 and can't be expected to run modern games.

Level 4
Highlighted

in reply to VioletGiraffe
Level 1

in reply to Prototypx97

I also vote FOR the limitation, where do I sign for that?

Level 1

in reply to Ash_Weststar

but why? for what reason? is it a good reason? the only reason that they should use it, is if it actually used 6gb of RAM space wich it doesn't. it uses about 2 gb of RAM space. you know what? [ Removed by Moderator ]

Level 3

Studios