Question about recording gameplay

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Highlighted

Question about recording gameplay

Hello and thank you for reading.

Originally I wasn't going to buy this game due to my previous experience with IW's MW3, but I like to make videos of my gameplays and so I hesitantly bought this game.

Ever since patch 3.4.3, I haven't been able to use any recording software and then began my true breaking point with this game. I won't go into details because I'll just rant and get off topic. I was holding out for a new patch to come along and fix this issue before I started playing it again. Low and behold, a new patch comes out and I'm still unable to get any recording software to work.

I'm pretty close to giving up since all ideas I've had have failed thus far, so I'm wondering if any of you out there might know of a solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for reading.

Level 1
6 REPLIES

Re: Question about recording gameplay

in reply to kiijamkcalb

Anyway you won't have a good fps with software recording. They sell some good hardware recording in newegg.com

Level 1

in reply to kiijamkcalb

Google Action! by Mirillis (IIRC), the software gives you almost a month free trial and there is barely any FPS hit, much better than FRAPS or Playclaw (the two I used to use), this is the best software for recording Ghosts that I've used, and I use it often to catch all the hackers that infest this game...

Level 1

in reply to wol-va-rine

Action! makes the game crash for me.

I've tried Action, Fraps, Dxtory, Playclaw, MSI Afterburner, Nvidia Shadowplay, and 4 other programs that aren't coming to mind. They either never show up in the game as an overlay or they make the game crash no matter if I start it before or after I load the game. Screen capture software works, but the quality is terrible. It's like comparing the Mona Lisa and a 2 year old finger painting.

Level 1

in reply to kiijamkcalb

Since 12/12 update, DXtory version 2.0.111 is working again for me

Level 1

in reply to kiijamkcalb

I had issues after 3.4.3 with recording (it simply crashed). From the moment Nvidia Shadowplay udpated to version 1.8 (up from 1.7.1), it started working perfectly and I was able to record some game play with no visible performance drop (GTX 780 here, no performance drop was expected). Its a very expensive card if you only use it for recording gameplay, but its a monster card if you're looking for a better video card. Mine's ASUS DirectCU II model, and its nearly silent as well (at least I can't hear it above the general quiet PC level, all my components are quite quiet).

Level 10

in reply to kiijamkcalb
Level 1

Studios