So, VAC for PC is finally out! But, is the FOV changer bannable?

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

So, VAC for PC is finally out! But, is the FOV changer bannable?

hip hip hooray, we have an ACTUALLY GOOD anti-cheat now! yay for us. but, does this mean that the FOV changer i'm using is bannable?

it's made by the same guy that made the approved one back from MW3, so just a quick question.

Level 3
18 REPLIES

Re: So, VAC for PC is finally out! But, is the FOV changer bannable?

in reply to LilRobot

Exactly! It's not like the FOV gives us a huge advantage. It's just easier on our head lol. But they let the hackers cheaters do whatever they want. I'm mad as hell also.

Like you said, they should implement their FOV in the game, and ONLY then ban people that have it. No need to do the opposite.

Level 1

in reply to LilRobot

VAC Sucks, but IAC (IW Antic-Cheat) Sucks Worst!

What it means is FoV users that were once approved can now be banned, but Wallers & AimBotters roam free!!! Employ a built-in FoV changer with at least 90 FoV FIRST and then there's NO need for any third-party app - morons!

Just played and now the Hackers are employing Auto-Aim + Auto-Fire!!!!!!

Yipee to IW. NO FOV and I quit the POS game for good!

Level 28

in reply to LilRobot

I don't think it's bannable, one of the people who work at IW tweeted that it is fine to use it.

Level 1

in reply to MrGoldStar1

The new Tweet says ANY third-party app (e.g. MapMods FoV is third-party) - Twitter / InfinityWard: Update re: PC bans - Any players ...

This is why so damn many of us have had it. Ban someone using a once approved FoV Changer but never mind the hackers. Speaking of which the Hackers are out in full force since last night! Enjoy!

Level 28

in reply to Momba1
Level 1

in reply to MrGoldStar1

I'm well aware, here's the official thread but no ETA - Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts Bottom-line I and so many others are so use to a 90 FoV that we cannot play Ghosts, I'm not nor are most of my Friends.

Level 28

in reply to LilRobot

So they are "Working" on a FOV slider.  Why wasn't this done long ago?? Now it has no known ETA.... It took outside hackers/coders to make a 3rd party program within minutes of release.  And now IW is unsure of how long this could take to implement?? They have had over 3 months already... But maybe they had no idea this was an issue with most PC gamers till now.

Level 1

in reply to PunisheR1111

They know what the issues are. It's their priorities that are out of whack.

This game is going to die before end of this month. Online numbers are going down even more since we can't use FOV changer.

I was just about to play too, good thing I checked here first!

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to SeeVee

SeeVee wrote:

They know what the issues are. It's their priorities that are out of whack.

Amen brother! Anyone with half a brain would incorporate a FoV Changer (90 min) and then ban any third-party application. But IW -- Hell No -- ass-backwards! Bravo!

Level 28

Studios