So, VAC for PC is finally out! But, is the FOV changer bannable?

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Highlighted

Re: So, VAC for PC is finally out! But, is the FOV changer bannable?

in reply to LilRobot

Ok some explanation is needed here

What is Vac

It is not Punkbuster or like Punk Buster it is not a Live checking tool

So what is it and how does it work

also see Vac website VACBanned.com - See the VAC status of any Steam account (Counter Strike, Left 4 Dead, Call of Duty: ...

Well if you report some one it does a Packet scan ( after the game ends which is pointless)

As Hacker turn the hacks on and off Mid game

Vac has been used in the past to grate effect by Infinity Ward on MW3 as they had a reporting tool and a Video Vault to check and see for them selves they then vac banned the user for six months to twelve or if court on other games hacking Steam would issue a Vac account ban

Now up until the Vac scan was running the FOV tool was aloud but now the Vac scan flashes this up as a cheat

this would involve people looking at all these and that would involve work

Hackers are one step ahead of all this going on, We the community have offered to help !! But were told NO name and shaming and no third party banning Tools.

But there doing Nothing to banning the hacking tools or hackers

We all no the FOV is not a Hack and so do them, but as the scan can not detect what is a hack tool or not

So the fix is a In Game FOV just like Xbox users Have. After all its the same code the One uses

Level 4

in reply to Northerndj

You're wrong. The FOV changer is a cheat.

2 reasons to prove this.

1. You gain an advantage over players using an FOV setting under you.

2. The FOV changer edits memory in the game which is considered cheating.

Level 3

in reply to Minnesota_

So are you going to report IW for putting a cheat in the next patch? I hope they get banned!!!

The fact that the FOV changer was OK'd by the DEVS makes it legal and it was available to everyone... all they had to do was DL it and run it. It is only considered a cheat if it is not allowed by the makers of the game. It wasn't a cheat before but now it is due to the activation of VAC.

If they put out the patch very soon I don't have an issue with it. If they wait weeks or months then it is expected that I be pissed.

Level 9

in reply to Minnesota_

Before -> https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist/status/420939736669499392

After -> Twitter / InfinityWard: Update re: PC bans - Any players ...

IW/Activision did a 180 on the FoV Changers, and right now and ever since thier Tweet I uninstalled/deleted my MapMods formally approved FoV changer. I cannot play this game or for that matter any FPS game @ 65; pff BF4's built-in goes up to 120 FoV!!!

Level 28

in reply to LilRobot

some people are saying "ooh, its not that hard to add a slider that changes the cg_fov variable!!!!", but it kind of is. since day 1, people have been complaining about optimization. that takes major priority before the fov slider, considering with an increased fov, there needs to be more rendered on screen, meaning more processing power, meaning an extreme slowdown with an increased fov in the game's most recent revision. the patch will most likely come soon, before the dlc for sure. until then, deal with 65. I run 16:10 and don't have any issues, except for being not as aware of my surroundings.

Level 3

in reply to LilRobot

In this case I don't think it would that hard since it's in the console version and the game PC users have is a console port... just saying.

More importantly mapmodnews FOV changer wasn't too hefty of an app to change FOV... they could easily incorporate the tech from that.

Level 9

in reply to LilRobot

Pff...it's easy to have a FoV Slider and besides the Slider itself they'll only need to fix the Soldier's left arm for rendering. Ghosts engine is nothing new.

Level 28

in reply to Momba1

think again. remember black ops 2? when people started playing with 90 fov, people started seeing parts of maps disappear until they zoomed in. in ghosts, it seems like the 90 fov completely ignored areaportals, making the player always render the whole map.

your chances of models artifacting also seems increased.

Level 3

in reply to LilRobot

The only 'oddity' I noticed, as mentioned, using the formally approved MapMods FoV @ 90 was my Soldier's left arm was 'cut-off' at the bottom of the screen, but other than that nothing really stood out (after patches 4~5). Now as the FoV increases so does your GPU's requirements to render.

BO2 had numerous 'glitches' with or without a FoV 65~90, but Treyarch was pretty prompt about fixing them as we reported it to them with screenshots. LMAO compared to IW...

Bottom-line, if IW incorporated MapMods FoV changer exactly, it worked well, I and most everyone who wants a FoV > 65 ... ideally 90 ... would be completely happy with or without the left-arm glitch.

Level 28

Studios