System specs

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Re: System specs

in reply to Momba1

I use 2 GTX770's in SLI and it is smooth as glass!

i run the BOII at 1920 x 1080 and get over 100fps consistently! My biggest problem seems to be latency issues. Not in my system but via the connection / servers. I'm seeing one thing in real time and think i got the jump on someone and they get me and the Kill cam is completely different from what i saw!! Wierd! Don't know if that is host benefits or distance to servers. i always try and go in and out of servers to find the best one!!

Specs:

Asus Maximus Gene III

14gb ram - corsair

i5 processor - liquid cooled

2- GTX770's SLI mode

850 watt power supply - Ultra brand

Level 1

in reply to maccaboat

This is my pc currently.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9413/54qz.jpg

This is my current connection status

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/7240a75aad5620a0ccbbd632014adbc5-18-09-2013.html

I have nothing but latency issues when playing Black Op's 2 to the point where I played it yesterday for the first time in around a month.

My pc runs anything I want at max settings with no issues at all, including Metro Last Light at 100fps @ 1080p.

Battlefield 3 when I play I get a ping of 15ms to around 30ms max but Black Op's 2 it's always 50ms+ and apparently that is to servers in the UK when I get a lower ping than, that when I connect to servers in France, Spain etc on COD 4, 5, Battlefield 3, Bad Company 2 and many other games.

Level 25

in reply to wierd worlds are these

Metro: Last Light is far better optimized than 2033 and actually has slightly detuned graphics as well because the console version and PC version use the same base code and were released together. 100FPS on Last Light at 1080P is about 15FPS for 2033.

Level 1

in reply to pitbulltx56

i was thinking about getting Last Light - i mainly have CoD and MoH type games so i was curious if it would be a good game for me to try. i played Fallout: New Vegas and was not impressed but Last Light seems to be way more evolved than that. Bottom line: is it a cool game or what?

D

Level 1

in reply to Momba1

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, @Momba1, I am new to this discussion forum.

I would like to know if these pc specifications will meet the game criteria for COD: Ghosts on Windows 8, I will list them here:

Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ (2.4 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)

16 GB DDR3 at1600mhz

1 TB 5400 rpm SATA HD

NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)

Power supply type: 120W AC power adapter (its a PC Notebook by HP)

Windows 8 64bit OS

On the other hand, or should wait for the PS4 game system, what would you suggest? I really am not a game enthusiast, I just play to have fun, sit back relax, and I do not really have high expectations for game physical components like the how fast is the CPU or how amazing is the GPU card; not of that really matters much to me.  So what I just described for the specifications, they seem good to your point of view, will think it will run COD: Ghosts smoothly?

Thank you!

~George

Level 2

in reply to FULLBLACK2

The biggest problem that 'gets people killed,' other than some jerk cheating, are GPU Stutters. The 740M up to HD (1920 x 1080) should be fine and the only problem I foresee is loading times with a 5400 RPM HDD. Ideally, when playing do not use your WiFi, use an Ethernet (CAT-5e/6) cable or a PowerLine and keep the notebook plugged-in while playing.

Level 28

in reply to Momba1

What game console are you considering to choose from when you are going to get COD: Ghosts?

And it's fair to assume you already have a pc rig, on other hand, are going to purchase a game console too?

Level 2

in reply to FULLBLACK2

Now I have pretty much every current console (Xbox 360's, PS3's, Wii, etc) but I only have copies of CoD for the PC and Xbox so I don't see that changing.

Sure I'll purchase a couple Xbox One's and at least one PS4, but I'm again certain I'll have Ghosts running on only those two platforms.

Level 28

in reply to Momba1

You sure have a lot of time on your hands there pal and whole lot of money.

Why would you want more then 1 Xbox One, what one isn't good for you?

Yet, for the time being I might stick with PC for now, and maybe just maybe go for PS4 in the near future, that is what I am contemplating about! And whenever the Xbox One will be available for Windows PC, will get it for the pc. I have a lot of patients.

Enjoy every moment of the game when it launches, you will have the game experience before, I know that for sure. You deserve it, once again, have a good time when you receive your copy of the game!  

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to FULLBLACK2

I'm a Dad...need I say any more, and own a data center. You'd think I'd be sick of computers by the time I get home, but my hobby is my work.

Level 28

Studios