To Activision, IW and Nvidia Technical Partnership Teams

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

To Activision, IW and Nvidia Technical Partnership Teams

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/gamescom-2013-call-of-duty-ghosts-to-be-enhanced-with-nvid...

WOW!!! Yet more great news, after the confirmation of dedi servers, this is even more music to us Hard Core PC gamers ears. And FINALLY Elite comes to the PC as well, not before time and wayyyyyy overdue! But much needed and wanted by the PC community. As an Nvidia fan boy this also makes my planned upgrades pre-release even more mouth watering.

I'm also glad to see Team Green getting in on the Ghosts action too. Let's all hope for some cool Nvidia tweaks as I heard that there are no ports this time. As IW is developing for each platform individually, due to the differences in hardware specs. This confirms that theory and also wets the whistle for the most graphically superior experience, bad luck console cruncher's! Oh yes the PC finally gets some love - Thank You Activision, IW, Nvidia!!! Smiley Surprised)

HOWEVER, I have an idea / request to the newly formed IW and Nvidia graphics team. How about creating an official Game Tweak tool? Either one that's part of the game, or a stand alone tweak tool? Something along the lines of this great tool would be ideal:-

http://www.mw2config.com/

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2226491

The MW2 CU was the best and added some really cool tweaks to the game. I'm sure the guru's at IW & NV could whip up something similar and add even more great features too. Here's some I would like to see added, feel free to add your own thoughts;

1. Adjustable FOV.

2. Unlimited FPS, or at least a high cap. (250 would be cool).

3. Colored Cross Hairs/Hit markers, especially from Flash Bangs etc. (Green for friendlies, Red for enemies).

4. Ping displayed in numbers and not bars.

5. Custom graphics settings.

6. Screen shot link to the players Elite account.

7. You Tube link from in-game/Elite.

By creating an in-house tool, this would stop some of the hackers creating third party tools and allow the dev's overall control of these permitted tweaks. So what do you say IW & Nviidia????

Level 1
13 REPLIES

Re: To Activision, IW and Nvidia Technical Partnership Teams

in reply to CYBER-NINJA

Great just what the PC community needs more Digital Rights Management (DRM) slapped on our video games. Why on Earth do some PC gamers want ELITE? We already have achievements and stats in the video game itself and we already have Steam as (DRM) now we want email account based programs slapped on top of Steam (DRM)?

The Dedicated Servers that we PC gamers expecially us PC gamers who have been playing video games on PC that have Dedicated Servers for 15+ years that we come to know is NOT CONFIRMED. PC gamers want Rentable Ranked and Unranked Dedicated Servers with a Server Browser List not the Call of Duty: Black Ops II Dedicated Servers style with matchmaking. Matchmaking is unacceptable on video games that are on PC.

This generation of PC gamers is sad and makes me sad.

Level 9

in reply to Jonathanamz

Jonathanamz wrote:

Great just what the PC community needs more Digital Rights Management (DRM) slapped on our video games. Why on Earth do some PC gamers want ELITE? We already have achievements and stats in the video game itself and we already have Steam as (DRM) now we want email account based programs slapped on top of Steam (DRM)?

The Dedicated Servers that we PC gamers expecially us PC gamers who have been playing video games on PC that have Dedicated Servers for 15+ years that we come to know is NOT CONFIRMED. PC gamers want Rentable Ranked and Unranked Dedicated Servers with a Server Browser List not the Call of Duty: Black Ops II Dedicated Servers style with matchmaking. Matchmaking is unacceptable on video games that are on PC.

This generation of PC gamers is sad and makes me sad.

Not sure where you got drm from but I really dont think you understand what Elite is and why having pc on elite finally is a good thing

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

You are right I don't understand Elite because I never used it I don't own consoles at all.

So it's not a email account tied to the video game itself like Battlelog is to Battlfield 3, Mass Effect 3, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, and Battlefield 4?

Level 9

in reply to Jonathanamz

You aren't required by any means to have an ELITE account for Call of Duty: Ghosts. ELITE is an optional, free service which will enable new features in Call of Duty: Ghosts to enhance your multiplayer experience.

You'll be able to join clans, have clan wars, use the mobile, second screen experience with Ghosts.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to CYBER-NINJA

Call of Duty Elite = Free Map Packs

Level 3

in reply to whatabeer

whatabeer wrote:

Call of Duty Elite = Free Map Packs

nope you would need to buy a season pass for that, or buy each seperately elite is a FREE app

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Well nvidia is sponsoring it ( look at Modern Warfare and WAW)

Xbox users get free map packs through elite ( 50$ a year subscription)

So is elite free for pc or not? because the way i see it it might as well be going that route.

:

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to whatabeer

whatabeer wrote:

Well nvidia is sponsoring it ( look at Modern Warfare and WAW)

Xbox users get free map packs through elite ( 50$ a year subscription)

So is elite free for pc or not? because the way i see it it might as well be going that route.

:

No consoles users do NOT get free maps with elite, that was a one time deal back when mw3 came out and the service was paid for. It is now free to everyone and map packs are bought either via season pass or seperately again.

Elite is a free app

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Ah, I was wrong, got it.

Level 3

Studios