[Update] Steam preloads *should* unlock at midnight by region!

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

[Update] Steam preloads *should* unlock at midnight by region!

So I just saw a tweet from @ATVIsupport that said the Steam preload doesn't unlock until 3pm. I'm following up with them just to ensure it wasn't a typo or anything like that. If this is true that's complete BS considering the preload on PSN unlocks at 12:01 PST and most could have gotten the retail copy and been playing at midnight their LOCAL time.

https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist/status/396682854362808320

[UPDATE]

https://twitter.com/candyslexia/status/397107699756068864

Looks like @ATVIassist may have been incorrect, according to @Candyslexia The Steam preloads should unlock at midnight by region, fingers crossed!

Level 8
8 REPLIES

Re: Steam preloads don't unlock until 3pm....

in reply to MrAdaptability

maybe I should refund the pre-order and get a physical copy.

Level 1

in reply to PreacherS175

That's my thought as well but I believe if you refund preloads on Steam it only applies the money to your Steam wallet....

Level 8

what the heck are you talking about i've had my ghosts preloaded on steam for over 8 hours now....

Level 1

in reply to CodedLogic

...What are you talking about? The preload doesn't unlock until 3pm PST...which means you can't play the game until 3pm PST on release day....

Level 8

i'd be mad if i didnt have class till 4 that day any way

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to captainjimmers

Main reason I'm upset is I expect the same benefits to pre-ordering on Steam as I do on console or from a retail store. I was okay with it not unlocking until 3am my local time but 6pm my local time is not acceptable. Not to mention I have plans with several people on my Steam friends list for release night. I'm looking into getting a refund and just picking it up at my local Walmart's midnight event. Damned IW, BO2 unlocked at 12:01PST on Steam last year, why isn't Ghosts going to this year? :/

Level 8

i don't think there is a difference between retailers and buy it on steam .

Level 2

in reply to bickman

Yeah, I'm not sure how this would work. If you get a retail disc, you would still have to install it on steam. So why would the digital copy - which is basically the same after installing - be available after the physical copy?

I don't think they would lock the game for people who bought it at a store, and I still have hope it applies for the pre-loaded version as well.

I won't get to play it until evening anyway, so It doesn't matter I guess

Level 6

Studios