We need a special edition for pc!

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

We need a special edition for pc!

Today i had found out that Ghosts won't be having any special editions for PC and i think that it's total bunk,_,. I dont think that it's all that fair for most of the other editions to have another edition while we have regular, I feel that we should do a petition for digital deluxe version. how about you people?

Level 1
23 REPLIES

Re: We need a special edition for pc!

in reply to Zombiebeans

At this point I couldn't care a bit about any super deluxe, special, prestige editions of the game.  Right now the PC community is fighting for real dedicated servers and real anti-cheat support.  Once we get those we can talk about upgraded editions.... so basically we will never be talking about deluxe editions.

Level 12

in reply to topfigher

that's true .

we can't play dlc maps properly !

Level 7

in reply to Zombiebeans

What the PC version mostly needs is players. For one to get the servers/playlists populated, so you can atually find matches, and second, to make this platform important to the devs, again.

And I agree with topfighther, we need proper servers, not some fancy special edition. Of course we also need good anti-cheat but imho BO2's system was already pretty good (not the servers though. Those are horrible)

Level 6

in reply to Th3_St4lk3r

I agree that anti-cheat was very good on BO2 but BO2 was Treyarch.  Ghosts is Infinity Ward.  Ive noticed that the Treyarch games have much better anti-cheat than the Infinity Ward games so for this iteration we need good servers and anti-cheat.  On next years Treyarch game we can lean more heavy on the servers because theyve got the anti-cheat down.

Level 12

in reply to topfigher

Ghosts is developed by Infinity Ward.

Level 6

in reply to Th3_St4lk3r

Th3_St4lk3r wrote:

What the PC version mostly needs is players. For one to get the servers/playlists populated, so you can atually find matches, and second, to make this platform important to the devs, again.

The PC version will NEVER have enough players to make matchmaking or "playlists" even remotely workable... NEVER

Even on consoles where you can get 300,000+ players online you will STILL suffer from the same flaws you see on PC.

Massively long wait times

Insanely unplayable lag

Stupidly unbalanced games due to party system

Being forced into 2v6 type hopeless games

Severely limited in game modes you can play

What the PC version needs most is properly configured, customizable, rentable, ranked dedicated servers. THAT is the ONLY way we will ever see the PC population on CoD start to rise again... Ever since MW2 introduced matchmaking PC players have been abandoning this franchise. 

Black Ops 2 is the least played Call of Duty title ever to hit PC, and Ghosts is already guaranteed to have even less players.

It's honestly not even worth their time to put out a "special edition" for PC. With the broken consolized matchmaking setup they force us to use, there aren't enough PC players with the franchise anymore.

Level 4

in reply to Zombiebeans

There's a special edition at Amazon UK. Hardened Edition for PC.

The other guys are right though. What we need is a proper player and server base, not necessarily a special edition (although I'd like it too).

Black Ops was great and it was great fun to play its DLC. World at War was even better and had a huge number of great maps.

BO2? Well, the system simply doesn't work out. You always get to play the same maps as you can't choose or stay in a lobby forever. It's just a bad choice, especially on PC where there aren't as many players as on consoles.

Level 13

in reply to Zombiebeans

well, there may be hope yet, they have supposively anounced that since they are ginving dedicated servers on xbox one, and that they are also bringing full dedicated servers to pc, i read this off of charlieintel.com, heres the link if u want to check to see if its possible i misunderstood something. Dedicated Servers for Ghosts MP coming to PC – UPDATE - Charlie INTEL Blog: Call of Duty Ghosts – Bl...

Level 1

in reply to War358

War358 wrote:

well, there may be hope yet, they have supposively anounced that since they are ginving dedicated servers on xbox one, and that they are also bringing full dedicated servers to pc.

Anyone foolish enough to take the claims of Activision at face value is in need of some serious help.

They misled, told half truths, and screwed us over with MW2

They misled, told half truths, and screwed us over with BO1

They misled, told half truths, and screwed us over with MW3

They misled, told half truths, and screwed us over with BO2

Remember this is the company that promised "CoD4 style servers" for MW3, then gave us the most sabotaged server setup EVER to be used. (nothing even remotely like CoD4)   This is the company that claimed "ranked dedi's confirmed" for BO2 while conveniently leaving out that they were removing ALL the basic features of dedi's.

This is the company that claimed it would take FOUR YEARS to prep a BETA for a game that only took TWO years to make...  So according to them...

Four years to make one map and a few default classes...

Two years to make the entire game including single player campaign...

IF they do decide to give us "rentable servers sometime post launch" I can already guarantee they will be NOTHING like any proper server setup.  Chances are extremely high that they will be another locked down, completely 110% useless MW3 type server setup.   This claim of "rentable servers post launch" is just their ploy to get the foolish people to pre-order.

Level 4

Studios