was the dedi servers promise a blatant lie?

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

was the dedi servers promise a blatant lie?

Again this doesnt breach forums COC.

We were promised dedi servers, still no mention of them (like many other hacking issues).

when can we expect to hear an announcement?

People voice your opinions about this apparent Lie we were told, it made me buy the game as its the only way to avoid hackers which has been IW version of cod bane.

will they ever come, or are devs too focued on DLC, the addition of the store menu button makes me think the latter is all thats on their mind

Level 6
28 REPLIES

Re: was the dedi servers promise a blatant lie?

in reply to JustBetter1

There may be dedicated servers in some other parts of the world. You just don't play there.

Oh, and they look exactly like a "server-hosted" lobby, basically, nobody is host, server does the job. It helps keeping lags smaller, but there are no admins. So its partially true they could have dedicated servers even now, except you won't know about it.

They didn't promise a server browser, did they?

Level 10

in reply to YuriUA

From what i know... It's a mix between deidcated and peer to peer. WHat it does is it chooses the one that best suits your connection and goes from there. I could be wrong, but that's just what i've been reading.

Level 1

in reply to YuriUA

Twitter / IWMarkRubin: @Tintindye Matchmaking onto ...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLv5rsgH8M6e1TwOry9sPEQ
Level 20

in reply to YuriUA

YuriUA wrote:

There may be dedicated servers in some other parts of the world. You just don't play there.

Oh, and they look exactly like a "server-hosted" lobby, basically, nobody is host, server does the job. It helps keeping lags smaller, but there are no admins. So its partially true they could have dedicated servers even now, except you won't know about it.

They didn't promise a server browser, did they?

There isn't any dedicated servers around the in or around the UK area.

I am sick and tired of the blatant lies that companies like this get away with.

They promised a smooth experience but it's anything but smooth unless you set it to the very lowest possible resolution and the lowest possible detail setting.

They promised the best looking Call Of Duty game to date, but it looks marginally better than Call Of Duty World At War.

They promised dedicated servers would be used but I am always getting disconnected from host messages, or having to wait for the host to finish loading the game before I can select my loadout.

They promised lot's of stuff that has not been delivered.

This is the last game that I buy from Infinity Ward.

Level 25

in reply to wierd worlds are these

I thought so too back after MW2.

Didn't buy MW3.

Heard Ghosts will have proper dedicated servers, so I bought it. Found out the hard way dedicated servers doesn't mean "dedicated servers with a server browser". To me if there is no dedicated server browser, there are no dedicated servers. I also believe dedi should be customize-able to some extent, like, editing map rotation list, editing goal, editing time limit, max players count. Those 4 parameters are a minimum for me. But Ghosts will certainly not get these 4, the best we can hope for are dedicated hosting lobbies with better connection.

Level 10

in reply to wierd worlds are these

They didn't lie AT ALL . Its not there fault you didn't look at what was said.

Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to JustBetter1
Level 7

in reply to JustBetter1

hehe i love conflict

some promising things in those tweets, though the wishlist word bothers me

Level 6

in reply to JustBetter1

It was obviously a lie

Level 3

Studios