was the dedi servers promise a blatant lie?

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Re: was the dedi servers promise a blatant lie?

in reply to JustBetter1

We may never see those. See how message changed? From "Hoping to add server browser and rent-able ranked server" to "No one ever said there would be rentable dedicated servers. Not sure where you got that." Said by the same person. Wishlist could also include "becoming the richest man on Earth, ever".

Level 10

in reply to JustBetter1

Definitly no dedis in AUS! there is no Microsoft Cloud Infrastructre! They admited it! Wont be Azure until late 2014!!

SO! Dedis on Blops3 Perhaps? So far ghosts is laggy and very crashy here

Level 1

in reply to JustBetter1

They might not be a lie - just a blatant spin of the truth that suckered me into buying this piece of crap.  You MAY get put onto a dedicated server match, but you would never know it.  It would just be another fail of a match-made choice of players, albeit maybe it would run a bit smoother. I thought dedicated servers meant my clan could pay to run our own server and keep it hacker free.  Nope - of course IW wouldn't allow us to play to run a server that we could keep hacker free ourselves.   I have no idea why they don't do that.  It seems like a fairly simple thing that would draw many more people into the game.

Level 1

in reply to thedarkest1

Quite simple: PC is not priority. If they manage to push dedicated servers and server browser onto next-gen consoles, they will also put it on PC. Otherwise, PC won't get any "extra" features compared to consoles.

Just a guess.

Level 10

in reply to JustBetter1

none of you have actually answered the question, was it a lie, yes or no?

im of the opinion judging by rubin's tweets, its a resounding yes. denying what he said, even though its on twitter for all to see, hilarious

Level 6
Highlighted

in reply to JustBetter1

Its no. Anyone who actually reads what he said is getting exactly what they thought they'd be getting.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars

Not exactly. There was no mention on how dedicated servers would work - would they use server browser or would they use lobby system. Now, how do you use a lobby system with a rent-able dedicated server? Thats right, you don't. You don't get to decide where to connect to, so they're incompatible (whats the point of having a rented dedicated server if you're still going to play a p2p lobby elsewhere?). Basically, we were shown a wishlist and took it for granted, and misunderstood it.

Its all marketing. They didn't actually plan to release dedicated servers and server browser right at the release. My bet is with first DLC - when the interest to the game drops.

Level 10

in reply to JustBetter1

still no mention of it, must have been a lie

Level 6

in reply to JustBetter1

I wouldn't be surprised if clan wars were running on dedicated servers (let me rephrase: if they aren't, this is the worst kind of approach we'll ever see from anyone thinking they're making a respectable tournament).
Other than that I heard there are dedis in US running already, but I have no confirmation on this, so I guess it was just wishful thinking.
I also read in twitter that they had plans to launch rentable dedis a while after launch, probably, with DLCs.

Level 10

in reply to YuriUA

guess what, no dedi servers for clan wars either. some people say NA has dedi servers, but theres no proof anywhere, at least for the PC

Level 6

Studios