was the dedi servers promise a blatant lie?

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Re: was the dedi servers promise a blatant lie?

in reply to JustBetter1

best connection suited for u my ass

ive got the best connection i can have here in belgium

i get close to 10 ping on battlefield 3 on ultra

why does this game run like shit?

i notice the lag even though the game runs fluently all the way

because whenever someone shoots me afteri load a magi n their faces i watch the killcam& see something different

Level 3

in reply to JustBetter1

IW just twisted the truth. They said they are HOPING for dedi servers. They did not say there WOULD(guaranteed) be dedi servers w/ server browser. Basically, they didn't lie, just made it very difficult to understand.

Level 4

in reply to JustBetter1

Dedicated servers would be nice Battlefield 4 released thiers already

Level 1

in reply to JustBetter1

Yes they strait up lied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The developers could of had them from the start.

Level 8

in reply to JustBetter1

I just wish they would answer these posts.

Level 1

in reply to Ex-Leper

They should because people can get very mad... like here: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/electronic-arts-lawsuit-battlefield-4-stock-crashes,25470.html

What ever happened to the good ol days of "people doing what they say"

If we get a free and rent-able dedicated servers and admin capabilities a lot of smoke would clear around here because the flames would die down. It really burns me up when a games with potential fall short due to lack-luster support. I believe it's ok to want to make money but you have to have some integrity too. If you stay with the latter the prior will follow without a doubt.

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to JustBetter1

I'm beyond disappointed and disgusted with this game. A group of six of my friends (including myself) cannot even play together due to this NAT type server issue non-sense. Then on the off chance after jumping from trying one person as the leader to the next for half an hour to an hour FINALLY one of us is capable of hosting (in no way shape or form is this not peer to peer hosting) and then we're against hacks like tonight that cream us to the ground in a match of 79 kills, 3 deaths for almost every member of the opposing team. Will there ever be anything done against hackers like this to keep the honest people? The fans that have actually followed COD from the get go. Or are we just being taken advantage of for our wallet hoping that their big name will keep us coming back for more?

1. Fix the servers.
  2. Stop the hacking.
  3. You'll keep the people.
Level 1

in reply to Enelya

They knew this was going to be  massive disaster, that is why they:

1. removed ping information
  2. removed choice of restricting max ping
  3. removed ping bars
  4. removed access to API from other apps that might help with ping
  5. did not include server browser
  6. removed any way to find out where players ACTUALLY are

They have also deactivated and banned my previous accounts where I said this would happen. NICE ONE, Classy.

So now I get game matches where the others have up to 2 whole seconds of LAG ADVANTAGE on me (Moscow players, E Coast USA players and Me, in UK, in the same server? WHAT ARE THE DEVELOPERS SMOKING???) and it is basically UNPLAYABLE.

I feel really REALLY let down by this game, doubly so as I preordered it, and a season pass. And bought an AMD R9 290X to play it on (the GFX were UNPLAYABLE on an AMD 6970 card) Will probably uninstall now, it is just not playable in any commercially reasonable sense of the word

Level 1

in reply to JustBetter1

Of course it was a blatant lie. 

Why anyone would believe they were telling the truth is a complete mystery, especially considering all the blatant lies we've been fed since MW2.  (Remember how IWNet was promised to be "100% cheat/hack free")

Activision has a well known reputation for lying and scamming their customers in order to make a quick buck. Add on top of that the fact that Infinity Ward blatantly lied about their previous titles MW2 and MW3... Yeah

There were SO many warning signs that the PC version of Ghosts would be a complete disaster in every way. I am still shocked at how many people were naive enough to buy it.

Level 3

Studios