Bold move or death knell?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Re: Bold move or death knell?

in reply to Kothar44

Even more good stuff here.  Thanks to all who have contributed so far. 

Something I was thinking about after the OP and that I have seen included by some of you is maybe the answer is a game and probably developer for the kiddie/arcade style and another for the adult/tactical style rather than trying to make one game that can make everyone happy.  Assuming it was 3arch for the kids and IW for the adults, I could easily wait two years between new titles, especially if quality DLC content became available to keep things fresh and adding new challenges.  I'm not sure how good this would work with the kids though.  In a part of your life where you are "and a half" years old, 2 years is practically a lifetime and without the ads for the next release starting within 6 months of the current release, I'm not sure you could keep them interested.

I'm also not sure how Activision would deal with having 2 games at once to keep supported (if we can call what Activision does "support".)

Level 15

in reply to Kothar44

TBH i went back to MW before MW2 came out and did the same with MW2 before MW3 came out.

sadly i decided to call it a day an play the likes of GTA5 online, madden , last of us and such before getting Ghost.

Level 27
Highlighted

in reply to Kothar44

Very well thought out and written post.  I personally like this title more than I liked BO2.  The lack of HC game modes is kind of disappointing, and you get the occasional Kill Confirmed where the whole other team is hiding in corners, but the maps fit my playstyle better than the previous two titles.

The lag is pretty bad at times, and the spawns can be atrocious.  A guy spawned right next to me in the middle of the map last night, with his gun right next to my head.  Seriously, the barrel was inside my character's head.

I think the biggest thing keeping people away from CoD though is the lag factor.  There were probably hundreds of threads and YouTube videos between MW3 and BO2 concerning no time to react, bullets going around cover, firing 8 bullets into a guys chest and not even getting hitmarkers for it, unloading a clip into a guys back and he turns around and shoots you with a single bullet and you die, etc., etc.  The fact that Treyarch did very little to support BO2 doesn't help either.  Splitting parties, not being able to join friends, the "reconnecting to party" screen, sound bugs, hackers, etc...yeah, As you said, the ENTIRE life of the game, these things continued.

It's a shame, cause this game is made a lot better than it predecessor.  If this is the end of CoD, BO2 killed it, not Ghosts.

Level 29

in reply to Highwayman0226

"It's a shame, cause this game is made a lot better than it predecessor.  If this is the end of CoD, BO2 killed it, not Ghosts."

I agree completely.  I'm just curious if Ghosts can SAVE it.

Level 15

in reply to Kothar44

I like Ghost so far.  I have my moments of being utterly frustrated by it but ooh well.  As for the low numbers on people playing online.  Think some of that as to do with people waiting to get the next gen console of there choice and then buying the game(s) they want for it.  And skipping having to do the online upgrade for an extra fee.  Then you add in people are on tighter budgets these days. So some of the kiddies who might of been playing day 1 are now being forced to wait until x-mas before they get the game.  But I would think that the utter mess they made of blop2  also took away some CoD fans.  Taking away HC FFA doesn't help with retaining players who only enjoyed playing that game mode. I know I was disappointed it isn't in Ghost.

Level 5

in reply to Kothar44

Why bother debating all of this? Its just a game. Play it or don't play it. Its all up to you.

Level 20

in reply to Schoat333

umm, thanks for your thoughtful insights?

Level 15

in reply to Kothar44

I think it's more about adaptation.   Adaptation to an up and coming battlefield 4 market, and the realization that big maps are  possible with current technologies!?  I've been so wanting to go and check out battlfield again, but to spendy a risk when it's right here, and even better than I've experienced in the past!?  If big maps are possible, without lag issues,  then it's only a matter of spawning to populate it properly, right?  I think cod has it right so far, because I'd rather be seeing people right off, rather than going on some wild goose chase all the time!?  Spawns are rough, but with change comes adaptation.  Anyways,  I think its a step in the right direction.   You've got the small maps off the past smashed into the big maps of today, who couldn't be happy about map size!?

Level 19

in reply to Kothar44
Solution
‎20-11-2013 07:10 AM

Really good thread here.  I cant really add much without repeating what others have said and I agree with everyone thats posted haaa.  .  Ghamorras post above is as perfect an explanation as I have read anywhere. 

Good stuff.

Level 23

in reply to Kothar44

Not sure where youre getting your numbers from. Every time I log in to ps3 there are well over 200k people on. I have never seen it below this number. Cant comment on ps4 numbers dont have one yet.

Level 6

Studios