Buy PS3 Version and upgrade for 10 dollars for PS4 Version or wait for PS4 console release date to play the PS4 Version ?

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

Re: Buy PS3 Version and upgrade for 10 dollars for PS4 Version or wait for PS4 console release date to play the PS4 Version ?

in reply to Wolf_Odinson

I am coming to the party late too.  It always makes for a better entrance!

Level 2
Highlighted

Re: Buy PS3 Version and upgrade for 10 dollars for PS4 Version or wait for PS4 console release date to play the PS4 Version ?

in reply to xxdeathdoctorxx

I preordered the ps4 version, cause I don't care about waiting, but when I heard about this deal I preorder the ps3 version and this is why, when I get my ps4 I'm going to buy the ps4 version for $10 and give the Ps3 version to my brother, But if I didn't have a brother I would stay with the ps4 version. So it's up to you and what you want to do.

Level 1

in reply to k1rkworm

For some inexplicable reason Gamestop stores in Canada are not doing the trade-in deal. Otherwise I would definitely be doing that.

Level 15

in reply to k1rkworm

You will need your PS3 disc in the PS4 to play the PS4 download, so if you give the disk to your brother you won't be able to play.

Level 7

xxdeathdoctorxx wrote:

Buy PS3 Version and upgrade for 10 dollars for PS4 Version  or wait for PS4 console  release date to play the PS4 Version without buying the PS3 Version ?

They're going to have a dual digital download deal, where for $70 you can have COD Ghosts for the PS3 AND PS4. I'm going to want the game for both consoles because I have some friends that won't be jumping to the PS4 just yet.

Level 21

do what costs you less in my case ps3 disc+upgrade costs less thsn the ps4 disc, so...

Level 2

You can buy Ghosts for the PS3 now via the PSN Store DLC then upgrade it for $10.00 via the PSN Store to Ghosts for the PS4 when the PS4 is released. All stats etc carry over.

Level 31

The whole console generation swap is causing many dilemmas.

For people buying one copy

For people planning on getting PS3 version and then seeing, this may well be a smart way to end your COD days, on the console generation where COD online began. Let's face it, COD is close to death in terms of inspiration, creativity, simulation and integrity (even if it is still fast, the diluted "arcade" element now rules any sense of innovation and variation)

For people considering waiting for the PS4, it may be either a risk or a smart delay, depending on whether the PS3 reaction influences your decision. The PS4 version will be better, but by how much, or how suitable or necessary the PS4 version will be, is anyone's guess.

For people buying both

If you prefer a physical copy (steelbook even) you'll have to re-pay in full to upgrade (PS4) to another physical copy. Unless you're happy to stick the PS3 disc in your PS4 each time.

If you're ready for digital all the way, it would seem the smartest option is pre-order on PS3 PS Store now and upgrade to PS4 digital later. No baggage, no waiting and no disc messing.

Summary

Having endured 2 awful years of COD following a ropey one with BO, I'll be "doing the usual" and receiving Ghosts as a pre-order PS3. I've also pre-ordered the PS4 version Hardened. All of this I did a while ago and now it seems redundant, The question is, should I go full digital and then decide on PS4 upgrade later?  Yes, I think so.

Level 34

in reply to RobbieRocket

Good post, except I was playing COD online on the PS2

Level 7

in reply to abeskia

Swap "on the console generation where COD online began" for "on the console generation where COD online took off".

Level 34

Studios