COD Ghost Taken Over By Hackers???

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Highlighted

COD Ghost Taken Over By Hackers???

I know there has been tons of posts on this subject, but this is insane.  Does anyone else feel this way?  I mean seriously this game has to be the worst with hackers!!! We might find (1) good lobby out of (5).  It's ridiculous.  We are now (3) months into this game and everyday the hackers and cheaters grow. The worst part is...these hackers and cheaters just throw it out there, they make it known they are hackers.  They have clan tags with MOD, their name has hacker in it, they change their PSN ID in the lobby and tell you go ahead report me.  They don't care because the powers that be obviously don't care. Reporting them does not work.  I called in to report someone on my friends list who had hacked his account and you know what?!?!?!?!  He's still playing everyday!!! I expect this sort of experience if I go back and put in a previous COD title, but not on a new game!!! I mean come on start with the darn leader boards...many of them are right there ban their accounts!!!  I am completely disgusted with the lack of care and attention that they putting into handling these hackers/cheaters. 

Level 4
40 REPLIES

Re: COD Ghost Taken Over By Hackers???

in reply to LadyGiggles07

I am not trolling but what would you like to be done?

These "hacks", which are really mods, are done because PSN has yet to ban jailbroken systems from accessing its network.

If IW bans every "hacker", which are really modders, all they have to do is create a new name and remod it, which takes 5 minutes.

While IW is toiling away, trying to figure out what they can do, the truth is, as long as jailbroken systems are able to access the PSN and/or Sony does console bans for people using mods, there isn't much IW can do that I can think of. Hopefully, they do have an idea what to do and are working on it.

Level 40

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

Mods = hacker = cheater! It is just a game why cheat? Because they have no skill, they love to hear us complain about them, ect... IW doesn't care because they made/make money and there are many to catch. It sucks and beside the "lag comp" those are my biggest complaints about this game. All you can do is try different ways to report them and hope they act on it.

Level 11

in reply to USMC-NUT-KRACKE

You're absolutely right, hackers and modders are still cheaters. The reason people cheat is because they can. Same reason why someone might steal a pack of bubble gum. Or the reason someone decides to streak on a baseball field. People do bad things because they can. It looks like you're a military guy so you know what is right and what is wrong. Kid's these days get away with so much wrongs and there is so much lack of punishment that this is what we are now having in our lives.

Level 40

I'm not computer/software savvy but can't IW or Sony ban an IP address ?

Level 14

in reply to milo-iq

I don't think IW can but Sony can, along with console bans. All IW can do is block a username from it's system, which is why once it happens, the person just makes a new name and voila, new modder.

Level 40

When it is this out of control IW and Sony need to be working together to rectify the situation. 

Level 4

in reply to LadyGiggles07

I agree 110%! Who knows, maybe they are? I predict (and hoping) within a few weeks to a month that there is going to be a giant console ban wave coming through.

Level 40

in reply to milo-iq

Ban the IP is easy to get around. But clean the leaderboard would be one step to show that they are doing something. I have seen may players less than an 5 hrs played and maxed prest. I have been kicked from lobbies with nasty words pop up on the screen. After the game loads the message shows up and then your sitting back out in a lobby with your party. Even seen red boxes around people in the replay after you die when someone is ADS at you. I just wish there was a way to show us or even let us know that they are actively working on the problem. I don't think it would hard to clean the leaderboards each week from the people that have 1,000,000+ points a game average.

Level 12

in reply to thehunan

Totally agree, at least start somewhere and show us true hard working gamers that you care enough to at least start taking action. 

Level 4

Studios