COD Ghost Taken Over By Hackers???

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Re: COD Ghost Taken Over By Hackers???

in reply to USMC-NUT-KRACKE

i know this by research, if i dont know anything about it, im not gonna talk about it, and im certainly not going to accuse someone of doing it

Level 10

in reply to W_E_A_P_0_N_11_

Not accusing you, I know about it because of a friend that works for a gaming company and he explained it to me. Kudos !

Level 11

in reply to USMC-NUT-KRACKE

oh okay cool, thanks

Level 10

in reply to LadyGiggles07

When you sign into psn/COD server doesn't your ip show up to Sony/IW,  and that IP address does it ref the router or ps3? Now I don't know who the hackers are but most would be lazy IMO as I think most are copy n pasters so block the ip some would get around most won't have clue for a while.

Level 14
Highlighted

in reply to milo-iq

It's simple enough to get a new IP address by just unplugging your modem for a short amount of time and then the poor, innocent user who happens to end up with that IP address afterwards who is unlucky enough to play COD Ghosts will be blocked.

Level 40

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

I can't imagine Sony banning consoles over a singular game. People use their PS3s for a lot more than gaming and Sony has $$$$ legal contracts with the providers of other video/etc entertainment available to PS3 users.

Also look at it this way, to Sony the idea of hacking is tantamount to carrying more than "15 items" through the Express isle at the grocery store. Sure, there's signs all over the place forbidding it, but you never really see them enforcing the rule because they don't want to risk losing a $$$$ customer over something that is relatively minor in their business scope.

Level 20

in reply to theroc23

theroc23 wrote:

I can't imagine Sony banning consoles over a singular game. People use their PS3s for a lot more than gaming and Sony has $$$$ legal contracts with the providers of other video/etc entertainment available to PS3 users.

Also look at it this way, to Sony the idea of hacking is tantamount to carrying more than "15 items" through the Express isle at the grocery store. Sure, there's signs all over the place forbidding it, but you never really see them enforcing the rule because they don't want to risk losing a $$$$ customer over something that is relatively minor in their business scope.

I am not really going to buy into that since Sony has done a large console ban before that essentially bricked PS3s but if you are correct as to the reasoning why it isn't happening, I will use that information for when I purchase a next-gen console in the next month.

Level 40

in reply to LadyGiggles07

here let me just clarrify something im not a troll or a fan boy but you playstation players do relise that the xbox one and xbox 360 are not hack ridden all of the call of duty games have been fine on xbox but for every CoD playstation has always been full of hacks theres nothing new

Level 6

in reply to I_Am_Undeniable

The reason is because XBOX users has to pay for their system to go online. Once that name is banned, you lose the money you paid to go online.

Level 40

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

Banned so you are looking to get banned so than your boosting and cheating huh

Level 6

Studios