Can you still be great and a loser at the same time?

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Re: Can you still be great and a loser at the same time?

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

TheBeastlyDude wrote:

I am mistaken, you are right. I didn't think really as getting patches to look good as it is to accomplish the challenge. The only thing I can think of is that at least with challenges, you are gaining something in game, whereas if you are only going for KDR or SPM, you don't receive anything in game.

Were you around when Elite started in MW3? Many clans would deny entry to players who didn't have a certain KD above soso. That created allot of players who "needed" to "improve" their stats at the expense of taking a loss. Those days were filled with non objective playing COD players. With these new clan wars, i can see it happening again, clans subjecting rules upon entry and requirements.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75
Highlighted

Re: Can you still be great and a loser at the same time?

in reply to Izjar11

Oh yeah, I remember that. That was a ton of fun. I was there for that and every once in a while, I would reply to them and ask if a good KDR helped them win games and none of them could give intelligible answers. I think the COD community, as a whole, needs to try to focus on actually winning rather than what their stats look like. I remember the arguments about how stats can be inflated to make yourself look good which is why I never bought into them.

Izjar11 wrote:

With these new clan wars, i can see it happening again, clans subjecting rules upon entry and requirements.

As for these new clan wars, I feel differently than you. The new clan wars focus on actually winning in game to actually win the clan wars. On MW3, it was how many times your clan can cap a dom flag in a game, not focused on winning. We still see clans subjecting rules upon entry but they seem so out of place IMO. I laugh when I see a clan post "Must have 1.5 KDR or higher" and I think to myself how I'd much rather have someone with a 4.0 WLR with a .5 KDR with me.

Level 40

Studios