Choppy games / latency increase

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

Re: Choppy games / latency increase

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Run_N_Gunning_Camper wrote:

My weekly KD is down by .50+ compared to previous weeks. This is a huge drop and I find it alarming. I'm struggling to hit my strides. I'm also getting killed by people who are not facing me on my screen. There was one guy running around and it seems like he OHK'd me with an AR and on my screen, he's on full-speed running motion. I don't know what happened.

I've occasionally had these inconsistencies in the connection in the past where it seems i'm getting OHK'd by AR's and SMG's by enemies that are still in full sprint on my screen, similar damage spikes happened in the previous title as well all the time, but lately there's been a lot of them in this game. I just finished prestiging my 9th squad mate so i have quite a lot of kills and my overall stats do not change that much in a short period of time, but i've had about a 0.1 drop in both my K/D and W/L recently because i'm not doing nearly as well as i used to.

I think i had a 2.4 K/D and a 2.8 W/L when i moved from the PS3 to the PS4, both kept getting better and i had about a 2.7 K/D and a 3.2 W/L until i started experiencing lag issues frequently. I'm not that obsessed with my stats (and i'm not saying you are either), but i do look at them and it's always frustrating to die in situations where lag played a huge role in the outcome of the gunfight. Connection quality obviously isn't the only factor in how bad or well you do, but it does have some effects.

Level 22

in reply to Izjar11

Yes I am also experiencing this it's making me reconsider even touching the Season Pass. This game Officially has more lag then any online multiplayer game ever to exist.

Level 18

in reply to TheDarkOne123

There is no way I will be buying the map packs and hopefully everyone else will boycott them as well.

This is the final straw for me.  I have played since COD 3 and I bought a PS4 and paid for PS+ because I thought (mistakenly) that these lag issues would be finally fixed.  Alas, I am wrong.

So Activision and IW this is the *LAST* COD game I will buy.  I am finished with being screwed over by you guys and your lag ridden hacked games! :-( 

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to Izjar11

There is a article on this. I can't post link. But they said they trying to fix if. Its frame rate drop but stonehaven is the worst map. U can also go on tube and they posted videos on how the game drops. They having problems on all systems

Level 5

in reply to Izjar11

I noticed a declining connection quality since Christmas, but now that you mention the latest TU i started thinking more about it and yes the connection has really gone down the toilet for me ever since it was released.

I'm constantly getting shot around corners and loose gunfights after getting 3-4 hitmarkers with my Honey Badger before the enemy even reacts, and also get killed by people who are not facing me on my on my screen, etc. etc. You die fast in this game, but there still is a difference between a fast death and that awkward damage spike death, which unfortunately are the majority of my deaths as of now.

I wrote to another thread that maybe 1/5 of the lobbies i get into give me a decent connection, i wish that was the case tonight. Played maybe 4hrs and not a single lobby played right, the only reason i bothered to stay online that long was the people i was playing with.

I really hope the game does not remain in this state it is in now, i really like the game and up until recently it has played a lot better than some of the previous lag fests.

Level 22

in reply to Izjar11

Update: As of yesterday my delay has increased, I know am shooting and no bullets are registering. I have re-booted my router multiple times and it works the first moments. Could it be my provider is having issues? I played BF4 and I noticed delays as well.

PSN network or Provider?

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

How did you reboot your router? With mine, I have to unplug it for a minute or two before plugging it back in. I don't know what's going on but I keep reverting back to moderate NAT after a day. Are you suffering the same thing on PS3?

Level 35

How did you reboot your router? With mine, I have to unplug it for a minute or two before plugging it back in. I don't know what's going on but I keep reverting back to moderate NAT after a day. Are you suffering the same thing on PS3?

I am on the 4 and I do the same, I unplug the router and wait for it to reset. I ran the internet connection test after each looks fine with NAT type2. I'm starting to think its the PSN giving me issues.

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

I forgot to mention that I experienced a handful of host migrations. I never had migrations before. Something changed.

Level 35

I forgot to mention that I experienced a handful of host migrations. I never had migrations before. Something changed.

this as well, something happened in that last title update, before that all was good. Now = can't play the game.

of our training"
Level 75

Studios