Could We Possibly Get A Feature To Turn Off The Music?

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Could We Possibly Get A Feature To Turn Off The Music?

I came into the realm of Call of Duty rather late, and I started playing at Black Ops II (a game I loathe). What I absolutely loved about that game is the ability to turn off the music volume entirely. I was just wondering if there is a feature like this being implemented or even in the works?

I really enjoy playing Ghosts, but the music is so freaking loud. Being that I am working to prestige my characters, I rank up really fast. I hate being on a high streak and ranking up and then dying because the music is so loud that I couldn't be more aware of my surroundings. Hearing the game is almost as important as seeing it to players like me.

I'm not whining, I'll play either way. Ghosts is one of my favourite Call of Duty games to date (only being beaten by MW2, even though I only recently started playing that game). I just think this feature would make quite a few players happier.

Level 14
3 REPLIES

Re: Could We Possibly Get A Feature To Turn Off The Music?

in reply to Gunnerman677

I'm with you bud! When the game was first released there were a lot of complaints about not being able to turn off the music, IW's answer in the last patch is to change the tune. You have no idea how that P's me off!

Level 22

in reply to Alky6

It just makes so much more sense to be able to turn it off, or at least turn it down. I prefer music to be off in competitive games. It just serves no purpose. I like hearing the music in the pre-game lobby or on the menus, but in game is just unacceptably loud and annoying. It seems like the music at the start of the game was written to make it so you can't hear the other mic-users in your lobby. >.< Haha.

Level 14

in reply to Gunnerman677

I hear this all the time,  and I wish sounds would at least "amplify" when music is playing!?  Anyways, it's not just the music either, for me, because I find the levels ambient sounds really drown out a lot of things?

Level 19

Studios