Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Re: Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II

in reply to Warlord-Chojin1

NP mate. How old is your Modem? Modem's start to go bad after two years of heavy use and some dont. If your cable on a splitter? Are there other people using your internet when gaming?

Level 5

in reply to Schlokey

I have just been supplied the modem by Plusnet, the cable wasn't on a splitter and its rare if somebody else is using the net when im online.

Level 11

in reply to Warlord-Chojin1

Here's the problem with your thinking. You can do whatever you want to your connection and it won't be what you're looking for. Because you can't control who connects in your lobby.

I'd suggest stop thinking there is some magic config that will make you do better. Secondly if you have the kind of stats that you claim, you aren't having as big of a problem as you make it out to be.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars

I disagree. Connection is based of a ton of variables. Equipment, ISP, Usage, Location. Within each one of these are branches of which issues can happen.

The way IW has servers is regional. They are Hybrid servers in which you connect to a CoD Dedicated server or a Listen server (Hosted). It all depends on whats the best connection for you. Sometimes if you connect to a Listen server it may be a bad connection but for the most part its dedicated servers.

The Ghosts servers are the best servers to date for CoD. They are all stable and run smooth. Therefore you have to look at all other issues. It could be anything from how far away your wireless modem is to packet loss, to trace routing, to equipment failure, to ISP issue, etc. I have seen everything from lose cables to whole terminal nodes being bad. If it runs good sometimes and not other it could also be your NAT going from OPEN to MODERATE to STRICT. That would cause the issues too. Because if you are on moderate or strict then your modem is not giving priority connection to your ps3 and it will effect game play.

That is why you always check everything because the smallest thing can cause a big issue when it comes to connection.

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to gotsomestars

Did you read the part where i had two ISPs for a week and was able to compare the two ? My newer ISP has less packet loss, less jitter than my previous ISP (as far as its own network), they even prioritise individual games such as COD and now i appear to die even faster. I tested both all hours of the day and frustratingly my previous ISP provided a more sane experience.

Using Pingplotter to addresses logged in my router showed packetloss in the Virgin network and when it joined other networks. Now testing my new ISP i can see no packet loss and zero jitter along its network. In fact tests to most IPs of in game hosts varying from Sky to BT to even FIOS in U.S showed little packet loss.
What might be worth of note is consistent packetloss to an address that claimed to belong to Xbox Live or similar.

Im well aware of the placebo effect, i make sure my aim and reflex is on point just because of it. But how can a difference be more ovious than being able to compare two ISPs and get a different experience. Granted it may be related to routing, but this experience has demonstrated to me there is a difference.
If as you mention it is all to do with who we connect to, how do you explain those who don't experience problems or only once in a while ? What about those players with an almost 'godmode' connection, i know they exist since i added a few to my friends list lol..

The reason i've managed to achieve a 4.1 kdr RnG is because i've noticed that in the past if the connection was poor i naturally avoided head on gunfights and had to outninja everybody, which after a while begins to feel more like hard work than enjoyment at which point its not worth playing.
Right now it is so difficult to play, whether the player has 0.2 kdr or 6. makes no difference, im almost ready to just give up.
When i think about it, how can we be here in 2014 and still nobody out of all these gaming and internet companies can provide some real insight into what the hell is going on. The warmest clue we've had is lag compensation, it seems.

Level 11

in reply to BrilliantBus

the connection will get worse and worse unless the DEvs putt their finger out and build a new engine...

Level 2

in reply to TizZle1

That is just not true. The ghost servers are the smoothest most stable running CoD servers for Consoles to date! They are a Hybrid Dedicated server system and are incredibly efficient. If you are having connection issues plz try using a Ethernet Cable instead of the wireless or move your PS3 Closer or around the room to ensure it is getting the best signal. Also if people in the household are streaming serves like Netflix, that will slow speeds down a lot.

A total new engine isnt the issue because there would be shock and all if the overall total feel of the game changed and that is what would happen if they changed engines. Also engines are what people gravitate towards because of the feeling of motion / mechanics / effects. Example is the UT engine which was so, and still is very popular. Engines drive the content. Ghosts is the best CoD game besides CoD1 and CoD4. Why is it the best? Because its balanced for the most part and the servers are awesome plus the graphics have pushed the envelope for the PS3. Lighting, textures, etc are nice but the perks and prestige system sent this game off.

People would lose there minds if CoD was so different with a total new engine and it would fail if they just up and changed out a engine, so the best way to change engines is a slow weaning off process. Remember, everyone buys CoD because they know that they will get something they KNOW and not a total revamp which is not needed. 

Level 5

in reply to TizZle1

TizZle wrote:

the connection will get worse and worse unless the DEvs putt their finger out and build a new engine...

I don't think you really understand what an engine is , a game engine is basically (very rough explanation  )a software framework devs use to build a game with. Whilst networking is one aspect of an "engine" saying a new engine is needed is well basically wrong.

Level 75

in reply to BrilliantBus

Tell me about it.....................Myself and a random player unloaded at point blank all our bullits into each other, not so much as a hit marker..............then tried knifing and nothing happenedin the end we both movedout of the room after 5 minutes of absolutly nothing happening......cant wait for Treyarch and the next game................

Level 1

in reply to BrilliantBus

Still love how people are fighting what game lagged more. News flash people will connect differently to both. I've always had more problems with lag throught IW then 3arch

Level 14

Studios