Good job w/ Clan Wars

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Re: Good job w/ Clan Wars

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

the only nodes we didn't win at least once was hunted and blitzed everything else we won more than once.

Level 1

in reply to Daxus420

Just keep doing that.

Level 40

hahah, ok dude!

Thanks for the heads up!

Level 1

I enjoyed this set up very much.  Previous titles, the clan events took place at specific times, on specific game modes.  The servers were always loaded during this time, so you would think match making would be easier and lag would be less messy, but it's just like double xp weekends for me.  I'd play a few matches, get mad, and just avoid it like the plague.

This set up lets you play what you want, when you want, and still contribute to your clan.  We have a few guys that are "hardcore only" and refused to help capture the core nodes, but we managed a decisive win in our division (almost 100 pts).  It's way more laid back and lets people with jobs/kids whatever participate.

Level 29

I think the first clan war really brought our clan back together.  We were a tight group in MW3, but BO2 wasn't universally loved by the group and players were split into different games.  Our clan really got into this clan war, with guys stepping up and figuring out the best ways to get CP.

We started slow, only capturing TDM the first day.  We didn't clue into the capturing nodes for CP until a couple of days later when we were about 80 points behind the leading clan in our group. When we did figure out what to do, we hit the nodes fast and moved on.  Even though we did it the hard way by recapturing nodes, we eventually held six nodes at the end and finished first in our gold group.

Not sure if I have the energy or a strong enough marriage to make it through 2 week wars, though. 

Level 12

in reply to Ungrateful_Dead

I hear ya man, we got into it as well.  I haven't even loaded up Ghosts since Sunday night.  A short break is well deserved.

Level 29

in reply to Ungrateful_Dead

Myabe it has been explained in other posts and I missed it, but how exactly does the clan war system work. Could someone capture the essence?

I understand that the more of a clan play and win a game of a certain game type the more points are awarded to the clan. not sure on what a node is (game type?) and what is needed

1. to first capture a node (is there an absolute number of wins, or is it a relative number over wins of clans competing in the same group/division; what are those numbers of wins needed), or
  2. to take a node off another clan (win more games in that specific game mode than the other clan? Not necessary to directly take on a certain clan in a direct match).

We played last week in a group in silver division, noted after a while that we held one node (Kill confirmed which i am playing mostly and daily when online alone), on Monday we captured another mode (after playing all weekend DOM with my son, occasionally supported by another clan member). We got yellow indicator for 25% and 20% extra bonus for each game (won or lost).

Tuesday evening I noted that this extra bonus had gone, CP (Capture points?) remained at 27. We got some patches that are said to be unlocked in clan wars, but no other explanation what we actually got them for.

• Where do I find out what the patches are for?

Also, no clan member owns a mobile device on which we can run the App from and my attempts to emulate Android on PC fail consistently (App wants to update and fails/crashes in the process). Hence it is rather a challenge to 'manage' the Clan.

• Any advice on overcoming the issue of the app crashing in an emulated Android environment on a PC?

Sorry if I sound like a total noob, but probably that is what I am

Thanks for your replies.

Level 2

Clan wars was a huge success. My clan of 14 really opened up to they game types they play. being mostly all hardcore players when it came time to start scoring some points the guys were not hesitant to hit a core game mode. Im not a huge fan of the length and the scoring system! I think you should get points for holding the nodes because that would cause the other clans to fight for more than just a select few nodes if they wanna win. I know if a clan had a node held and was getting points every say hour or couple hours I would wanna put a stop to that as fast as possible

Level 4
Highlighted

in reply to heighton86

Like a DOM mode for clan wars?

I think the current system is well balanced to not take too much out of the lifes of also casual gamers and still enable them to participate in clan wars.

I am talking from my experience in silver division, so that may not at all be representative for gold/platin um divison where it possibly takes a lot more effort/time to be competitive. Overall I guess it should be observed for a few rounds of clan wars on what would add to the mode for more to enjoy better without serving a specific (small) group only.

So far, I really like it.

Level 2

Studios