Good job w/ Clan Wars

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Good job w/ Clan Wars

This board is full of enough people with complaints that I felt a positive thread would be some nice fresh air.

I really got to commend the developers on a successful opening Clan Wars week. I think it was a lot of fun because my hardcore playlist clan was forced to play core games and adapt. We realized core wasn't all that bad and we got some good points and experience for it.

The first day, we took all the HC nodes quickly but then another clan started attacking the nodes, so we tightened up our big boy pants and went to core to attack their nodes. Once we figured out how Clan Wars was working, we worked together as a clan to capture individual nodes and used the app's chat feature to coordinate.

On Saturday night, we were actually racing another clan to capture the cranked node, which we barely won by 3 wins.

As of this morning, it looks like we will win, but just barely. Clan Wars is not perfect. The app did fail for us at times, making coordinating difficult (thank goodness we have a Facebook page also where we coordinated) and it was kinda upsetting that we didn't earn points for holding a node for 24 hours.

And before it is said that only people with no lives are able to win it, my clan has 36 members and during the whole holiday weekend, we never had on more than 8 people. My clanmates, when they got on, all worked together to play the same modes, preferably in parties of 6 to capture faster. We didn't care about our K/D, just our W/L. Those who were not on, followed along on Facebook and offered words of encouragement. We all have our lives, some played more than others. But when you work together for a common goal, you'd be surprised what you can accomplish.

Level 40
28 REPLIES

Re: Good job w/ Clan Wars

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

I enjoy the clan wars proposal. Really does force players to play and win and coordinate. My clan did not do so well, as many are not playing Ghost or BO2 and I had dead weight sitting there + many players were away on vacation. But overall I liked the competitive side of this metagame.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

i've enjoyed clan wars so far also.

we have the best part of 90 people from all over the world but struggle to get three 6 men teams on at the same time lol.we are a cert for 2nd now, the team above us must be totally dedicated.

Level 34

You say "We will win."

Are there different divisions or are we clan mates?

Tread

Level 8

in reply to MrZombieClowns1

As in "we will win my clan wars against the other 7 clans that my clan was put up against."

Level 40

AH. I am still very unknowledgeable about how the clan wars work.

Level 8

Nice post Beastly and I agree that the release of Clan Wars is a success.  I am one of the only ones in my small 8 person clan that likes playing other games modes, but b/c of clan wars it made the other guys try it and I believe they have started coming around.

I do have one question, it looks like there is no way we will capture the 1st place clan in our division and the 3rd place clan is way behind us.  Is there somewhere that we can look to see what each clan wins based on their final place at the end of the two weeks (or one week in this case)?

Level 1

in reply to Usual---Suspect

The menu button on the screen for clan wars, there is a "acheivements" area that lets you know. If you place in the top 3, you get some teeth emblem. You also get other emblems for other challenges. You'd just have to take a look.

Level 40

TheBeastlyDude wrote:

This board is full of enough people with complaints that I felt a positive thread would be some nice fresh air.

I really got to commend the developers on a successful opening Clan Wars week. I think it was a lot of fun because my hardcore playlist clan was forced to play core games and adapt. We realized core wasn't all that bad and we got some good points and experience for it.

I totally agree…They did a great job in designing a way for clans to complete that required a bit of strategy. The only funny thing I kept running into this weekend were people claiming to be the #1 Clan in the World in the Platinum Division…LOL!!! I don't think they realized their were more brackets...

Level 12

in reply to BlackhawkbillOO7

LOL, I like that. We never ran into too much of that. Our biggest problems were people backing out because we all had the same clan tag. We quickly figured out to change it and we got into games faster.

Side note: The 2nd place clan on my wars was 22 pts behind when I started this discusion and now they are 18 pts behind after capturing 2 nodes. I am hoping they keep going for nodes they've already capped multiple times. These next 55 minutes are going to be stressful since there is nothing I can do while at work but watch.

Level 40

Studios