HACKERS, MODDERS, CHEATERS, BOOSTERS, HOOKERS, WHY DO IT?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

HACKERS, MODDERS, CHEATERS, BOOSTERS, HOOKERS, WHY DO IT?

I was just playing today and was just wondering you know, why do all these people do what the do, why do

HACKERS HACK

MODDERS MOD

CHEATERS CHEAT

BOOSTERS BOOST

HOOKERS HOOK

im very fascinated with the human mind, i like spending my time trying to figure out why the human mind makes someone do something, and dont give me a simple minded answer cause like Emerson Pugh has said

If the human mind was simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it

dont say they do it to see if they can get caught okay that is some bullshit.

one thing that i noticed playing today was (I have 2.3 KD, 3 W/L) okay so i noticed lol that no one really cared you know, no one is like OHHHH LOOK AT THAT, but as soon as a player with a glitched box comes in everyone sees it or if they see a clan tag with another colour then originally allowed.

SO............here is my theory what if they do it to stand out? think about it your in a lobby with 11 other people the only way your gonna stand out is either by

1. yelling swear words off randomly

2. tell each player in the lobby you slept with their mother

3. play Wrecking Ball in the back ground

4. yell Justin Beiber over and over again

5. Glitch box or insanely high stats like 7 KD with 7 w/L

so is that why they do what they do? to stand out? to have people notice them?

dont tell me they do it to see if they can get caught or not, that is just OBAMA's way of being LAZY.

NO one hacks a government website just to see if they can get away with it, do they?

Level 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: HACKERS, MODDERS, CHEATERS, BOOSTERS, HOOKERS, WHY DO IT?

in reply to Im_Old_School
Solution
‎21-04-2014 08:27 AM

10 year old squeakers I can understand... they don't have the mental capacity to play a FPS in a tactical manner

25 year old basement dwellers... they probably work at Burger King taking crap all day and figure that being an online tough guy is a great method of letting out steam when its their own fault their life sucks

40 year old business owner... probably getting destroyed by players which are the same age as their employees. Can't take the fact that a younger player has faster reflexes and needs to mod to level the playing field. These are usually the a-holes that claim to have millions stowed away when in reality they are probably bald and too fat to get laid without paying a hooker.

Wow, I think I covered all of the OPs questions and answered yours in one post. And I managed to mention hooker!

Level 25
16 REPLIES

in reply to NaTuReS_FrEaK

I'd bet it is a bunch of "script kiddies" doing most of it. They download someone else's hack from the internet, follow connect the dot instructions that a 3 year old could do and then feel way cool because they are now "hackers" and "coders." Great thing to brag about to the other 12 year olds in school or while waiting in line to cash the welfare check.

Level 10

My guess is they do it just to get a reaction from other people off. That's why certain youtube channels for "trollers" are so popular.

Level 20

This would make a great Masters Thesis.  I would have to believe no one has thought of delving into this to this level yet.  Interview some of these guys doing these mods and hacks (along several age ranges and demographics) and ask that very question...Why?  I would think it wouldn't take long to find the common denominator.  And it's probably not much difference in reasoning between the 10 year old squeakers to the 25 year old basement dwellers to the 40+ year old business owners.

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Level 62

Solution
‎21-04-2014 08:27 AM

10 year old squeakers I can understand... they don't have the mental capacity to play a FPS in a tactical manner

25 year old basement dwellers... they probably work at Burger King taking crap all day and figure that being an online tough guy is a great method of letting out steam when its their own fault their life sucks

40 year old business owner... probably getting destroyed by players which are the same age as their employees. Can't take the fact that a younger player has faster reflexes and needs to mod to level the playing field. These are usually the a-holes that claim to have millions stowed away when in reality they are probably bald and too fat to get laid without paying a hooker.

Wow, I think I covered all of the OPs questions and answered yours in one post. And I managed to mention hooker!

Level 25

in reply to DocChoi

+ 1 for hooker reference

Level 10

in reply to DocChoi

Thanks Doc.  You just saved me a ton of research for my Master's Thesis!.

However with Tomball_TX's last sentence in his post (see below) I still may get a Hooker or two's point of view on this just to see how these guys really stack up!!

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Level 62

the happy ending massage parlor is running a two for special on Tuesdays,,,,,,

thats what a friend told me anyway.

Level 10

You could probably do a PhD psychology study into this. LOL. Get some grad students together, give a bunch of players cheats, some players "cheats" aka placebo and see how they react versus your control (no cheats). Make some nice tables and bar graphs and BAM thesis!

Level 25

in reply to DocChoi

I work for an engineering firm,, id like to see these guys figure out to "interact" with the "help" think amish kid in a butt naked bar.

Level 10

Studios