Hi, I'm the new guy.

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

Hi, I'm the new guy.

Well... not really.

Long time Forum Vet. But recently made the decision to switch over to PS4 after having played all of the previous CoD games on my XBox 360.

Did the research, listened to folks on the forums and elsewhere, and in the end I just felt like the PS4 had the higher ceiling and potential out of the two available Next Gen Options.

So just wanted to introduce myself and see if any PS4 vets (or others who made the leap like me) had any suggestions for Ghosts on PS4, or suggestions for how to make the most of the system. Games I may not have heard of, setup changes you find helpful, or just shortcuts to using the system you think might be useful for me(and ultimately anyone who reads this).

Thanks all for reading, looking forward to some good times.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
35 REPLIES

Re: Hi, I'm the new guy.

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I was always a Sony man and upgraded to the PS4 in March, setup wise i just did the usual and set up a static ip, wired connection, just the simple things.  Port forwarding is optional, i have tried with it on and off and i cant say that i saw much change. 

One tip would be to have the PS4 close enough to you so that you can play with the controller plugged in if needed because the battery life is not the greatest when playing a long session.

Just be warned that the matchmaking in Ghosts has gotten a little patchy lately and we seem to be getting a lot more players in our lobbies from around the globe.

Level 67

in reply to gambit1969

Have you had any frame rate drop issues in Ghosts?

I noticed when I was playing that from time to time It would just start stuttering. I don't think it was my inernet, it seemed inherent in the game itself.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

When the game gets busy and there is lot going on it does stutter, it seems to be worse on the bigger maps like Stonehaven

Level 67

Honestly it's quite noticeable on some occasions...mostly when I'm using the FAD, because it suddenly starts shooting a helluva lot faster fortunately it doesn't occur frequently enough to bother me.

As Gambit suggested, keep that controller plugged in!

Level 75

Hey Drewish! Glad to know you switched over to the dark side. Anyway, party games such as Sportsfriends are pretty addictive especially if you have 4 players. Otherwise, with any new console, games are limited.

Don't know if you know this, but PS4 players get Destiny DLC earlier and GTA 5 will have perks exclusive to PS4. Not trying to bash Xbox but this is what I know.

Level 25

Well,well,well ,  join the club nicedrewwishfela I'm Playstation vet from way back,I don't care much for the console war scenario, I just prefer the Sony Controller, other than that good purchase .... I guess lol 

conga-line

Level 23

Welcome to the big family of the PS.

I have always been a Sony man ever since PS1 and I have owned all the consoles ever since.

I am on PS4 since January and I don't regret it.

Yes it's true that there is frame rate drop when playing Ghost but I am one of those lucky guys that don't get it often and I hope that you also don't get it often.

I wish you many hours of happy play with your new PS4 console. Enjoy.

Level 22

in reply to C_CHRIS11

Thanks Chris!

Yeah, It isn't a constant thing, and as mentioned earlier it seems to mostly happen when there are dynamic events happening or just a lot going on at once. Not a huge deal, but I really, really hope AW does a better job in that department.

Looking forward to good things to come.

Activision Ambassador

Welcome to the dark side, mate. I'll send you a friend request. Join our clan of forumers, Drew. I'll show you some hardcore camping action that will leave you shaking your head.

The PS4 will only get better when Project Morpheus launches.

What's your PSN ID? lol

One more thing... don't forget to install the PSN App on your phone if you haven't installed it already.

Level 35

Studios