Hi, first time call of duty player, need some help.

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Re: Hi, first time call of duty player, need some help.

in reply to Jinzetsu

I'm not great but my advice would be as others have stated learn the maps. Before playing multiplayer I spent a week on squads, learnt which weapons/perks suited my style v other situations. Only through experience will you learn where you can run and where you have to be careful. Keep an eye on who tops the lobby and then keep an eye on what they do. You also ask them if you got a headset most ppl will give you tips.

Mtar is my preferred smg, red dot sight as it ain't bad at distance or swap it for a suppressor, rapid fire certainly adds damage through weight of fire and a grip. Use marathon,focus,extra attachments and scavenger at first and blind eye. No secondary you can always pick up a gun and no lethals or tacs.

Like I said practice on squads, once your accuracy improves try different perks and set ups until YOU feel right .Same goes for the other weapons but stay away from the msbs until your accuracy is good.

You could always join a clan, not all are after 3+ kd, but don't get to disheartened we all had to start somewhere spring chicken to shitehawk takes a while don't get dragged down by kd or other stats have FUN and a bit of craic good luck!

Level 14

in reply to Jinzetsu

Everybody starts somewhere and we all sucked,normally in InfinityWard's games the better guns are always the ARs and the LMGs because all the maps are so big, with that being said a camp-type play style works better. For specifics try out this

Primary:

M27-IAR VMR (blue dot), silencer

Secondary:

(none)

Lethal: IED      Tactical: Motion Sensor

Perks:

Hardline, Focus, Extra Lethal, Extra Tactical, Extra Mags

I suggest playing Drop Zone and finding a nice high spot above the drop zone and just kill on. On the map Bayview (DLC 1), at the end of the train tracks there will be a ladder leading up to a platform that has a doorway if you go into that doorway you will be enclosed by railing and you can see just about all of the middle of the map there will be 3 drop zones that spawn around you which will bring you lots of traffic. Hopefully these directions weren't too scattered and if so can someone please further explain?

Level 1

in reply to Jinzetsu

Add me firefighter121 can help u out really good teaching players Check out my clan website halosavengers.tk.

Level 1

in reply to Jinzetsu

here is how I did it. never run in the center of the map. I ran on the edges of every map (where your player can't go any further out). a week into the game I got used to my weapons, controls, perks and MAPS, probably the most important thing to learn, because to this day when i play in a map from the new map pack i get killed very quickly. afterwards you will feel more comfortable with the game and can go to the centers.

My preferred loud out is

Perks:

Quick Aim, Marathon, Quick Draw, Agility, Slight of Hand, and on the run.

Strike Package:

Satcom, Guard Dog, Trinity Rocket

Primary Weapon:

Ripper or Victor (with Grip and Armor Piercing attachments)

Secondary:

Non.

Lethal:

Non.

Tactical:

Non

as you can see i am a player that likes a fast paste game. I reload while running and my movement is very fast.

my PSN is RaDiCaL_Evil

add me and we can party up.

Good luck and have fun.

Level 1

in reply to Jinzetsu

My favorites, they call it "the try hard classes" oh, and i know what you mean, when coming online, you deal with the animals...

(Mid/Far range) Honey badger/tracker sight/foregrip/armor piercing, perks sleight of hand/ready up/incog/extra attachment

(Close Range) Bulldog/Muzzle Break/foregrip/extra mags/. perks ready up/sleight of hand/marathon/focus/extra attachment/gambler

(Far Range/Sniper) L115/Armor peircing/variable zoom/chrome barrel. perks quickdraw/incog/focus/extra attachment

You can use your perks as need be, but these classes are why they call me a "try hard".

Hope it helps bud.

Level 5

in reply to stilirise1979

OH! also, if you want to learn the maps & choke points, I would try to do some private matches to learn these maps. Put the bots on recruit if you are still trying to learn the maps, regular if you think you have them down.

Level 5

in reply to Jinzetsu

honestly man all this is good advice but heres what i run and since i started i haven't had any trouble since

Maverick or remington = silencer and extended mags. no secondary, lethal or tactical. stalker, marathon, agility, focus, DEAD SILENCE!

The ripper, or k7 = silencer, extended mags. just perks, marathon, agility, ready up, blind eye, focus, dead silence!

Of course you can change it to suit you but those two classes are so fast that nobody can keep up unless they have that class. it takes some getting used to, so my suggestion is try one of these, see how you like it. but to start out "run to hide" in other words run to a camping spot after camping spot.

Also support is a very good streak for these classes because you will die but once you get used to it you will kill alot more than you die I promise lol I run ballistic vests, support squadmate, and oracle.

Level 1

in reply to Jinzetsu

My brother just started playing COD with ghosts. He was horrible at first. Some will disagree, but set your sensitivity to 3-4. You won't be good enough yet to snap aim or turn on anyone. Your best bet is to use a lower your setting so you can make every shot count. Also pre aim, pre aim, pre aim. Every corner you go around, every piece of cover you go around, just ADS and  assume there is an enemy waiting for you. Also I wouldn't suggest camping, but I would say find an area of the map you are comfortable with and stick to it as much as possible. Try to find some vets to play with, You would be shocked how much having a team that does good call outs and communicates will help.

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to Jinzetsu

Learn the maps and learn player movement so you can develop a strategy to counter an enemy's movement without being obvious

Find a pace that suits you best. You don't have to run around the whole and you don't have to sit still the entire match. Find a speed that you can stay active but not over extend yourself

Find a style of weapon that best suits your skills. Full autos are great for those that find themselves in a constant battle. Semi-autos are best for one on one gun fights where you have the accuracy to make every shot count.

Level 75

in reply to Jinzetsu

A couple of pointers:

1) always run a silenced weapon, if your aim is poor even if you miss your target, you won't show up on the mini map

2) pre-aim around corners

3) crouch walk

4) don't get in the habit of reloading after every kill

5) when you run around, never run toward the middle of the map, you are just asking to be killed. the periphery is your best friend.

Level 25

Studios