Hi, first time call of duty player, need some help.

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Re: Hi, first time call of duty player, need some help.

in reply to Jinzetsu

Practice, practice, practice... set up private match... #1 start with one or two recruit level enemies, play until your k/d is at least 3:1 consistently (on every map)...add a couple more enemies and 1-2 friendlies, keep doing until there's 6 enemies and 3-4 friendlies, and you're coming out on top every time... #2 Then increase enemy difficulty, and go back to 2 enemies, no friendlies...repeat step #1.  Repeat until you're playing against veteran level bots and coming out with at least a 1:1 k/d every time.

Then play a dozen or so squad matches.

Now you're ready for multiplayer, and should be kicking a$#. 

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to M3_bully

Also, watch some class set-up videos on youtube...

Level 2

in reply to M3_bully

Those help to a degree. Usually those videos will tell you what attachments and perks are "optimal". Take those with a grain of salt as it may not suit your playstyle. You will find with trial and error, you will find what works. Any advice that we give you on these forums work for our individual playstyles. It may not work for you. Best of luck Jinzetzu.

Level 25

in reply to M3_bully

lather rise repeat

Level 10

in reply to Jinzetsu

want to increase your reflex? better your aim? learn the maps? go to private match put 11 enemy bots on veteran choose any map and go hunting play like that 5-10 times and you will see that your reflex and aim will increase cause the computers are attacking from everywhere, you might win games and might lose some games, you might lose some confidence in yourself but online the players arnt as good as the computers but your countering skills will be

Level 20

in reply to Jinzetsu

I too started playing this as my first COD game in the series.  I sucked when I started.  All the off-line stuff makes you feel like you play great!  Then you play online and think, I suck!!!  Def start with the Remington or AK12.  You don't want to start with a gun that has alot of recoil.  That will throw off your aim every time!  Try using an IEP as well that will get you at least 1 kill.  Always use Marathon as your perk, it will help you when you need to run.  I try to use Hardline as well as Assists help toward earning a kill.  Try to use Support instead of Assault as your package in the beginning that way your killstreak won't reset when you die.  If you can, a support squadmate will help when using Support.

Don't, DON'T run around like a crazy kamakaze!!!  Crouch and walk.  Stay to the outside of the map.  Try to not stay in one spot too much but watch where others have been when they kill you so you know where they were and you can learn good spots to hide.  Domination is a game that will allow you to learn the maps.  Many play Team Deathmatch, but Dom lets you go to the flags and learn the maps.  B is always in the middle.  You will learn the maps as you go, but practicing will help you and DEF go to private matches and put bots on.  I don't know if veteran settings are necessary, but at least not easy settings for them will help you.  You can also set  what type of gun you would like to try out such as a sniper or marksman or assault, etc.  As for sensitivity settings, I use a 4. 

If you want, friend request me.  Kelloggs19 on PSN.  When I first started, my KSmiley Very Happy ratio was like .235 or something, I'm steadily getting much better and am .377 now.  I have fun and kept playing.  That's the main part.  You WILL get better the more you play.  Keep trying different guns and perks to find out what you like best and what works for you.  You'll get it.  Most of all:  IGNORE the negativity of those making fun of NOOBS and those making fun of low KSmiley Very Happy ratios.  You'll get it and do just fine.  I barely got 0-2 kills a game with like 20 deaths a game.  I get at least 11 kills a game now with sometimes lower than 5 deaths or sometimes 25 deaths.  Play smart, learn the maps and have fun!!!!!!

Level 2

in reply to Jinzetsu

Try the crouch button and slow down just a little for a while. People camp a lot these days, btw sniping and camping are two different things, and until you get use to the maps and where people are at, stay crouch and slow down. I know for me, every new cod, I will crouch and walk around the outside of the map for a while, until I get use to the map and players. Now, don't get me wrong, I am not the best at the game, but I do have a positive K/D ratio on my main account. I also gave this advice to a clan mate who K/D was 0.4 range, and now is in the 0.8 range. So it seemed to help them and might be worth trying.

Level 1

in reply to Jinzetsu

Thank you to all the people who replied and tried to help. I'll give all your advice a try and see how it goes. Cheers.

Level 1

in reply to Jinzetsu

let us know how it goes

Level 20

in reply to Jinzetsu

Another word of advice is to pay some Dom and learn the 3 flag positions so you can call out enemy movements and communicate better. I have bad aim yet I changed my play style to cope with it such as extended mags and grips(silencer can help) muzzle break can mess up your aim I feel. If you like running and gunning use an smg such as mtar or vector and put steady aim on and try to hip fire at close range.  the Remington is a great assault rifle especially with grip silencer. Perks I would recommend depend on the map etc. But I good starting point would be ready up focus sleight of hand stalker/quickdraw (your choice I strafe to aim) incog or off the grid to keep you hidden. Like I said I strafe to aim so stalker is a must but you could be different but at least try it out it helps me immensely. The biggest tip is to just play. Learn the maps and try to find a quarter of the map you really like and keep patrolling it back and forth until you can learn the spawns more. I don't recommend marathon bc you will die a lot if you continuously run around so try to walk around every corner even ads if your unsure around the corner. The hardest part is learning the spawns once you have an idea of where the enemy is going to be or where they will come from  you can prepare yourself and won't always be caught off guard. Try to stay on the edges of the map until you learn where the majority of enemy's will be and after that you will learn the best places to catch them off guard.

Level 3

Studios