How bad is your lag compensation?

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

Re: How bad is your lag compensation?

in reply to Megadog14

If you don't have Ghosts then you have no idea about the connectivity issues.

I know what lag compensation is and what it does. Ghosts is a significant improvement over the previous 2 games.

Level 13
Likes: 144
Posts: 586
Registered: ‎13-11-2012

Re: How bad is your lag compensation?

in reply to Jaggajatt187

Jaggajatt187 wrote:



If you don't have Ghosts then you have no idea about the connectivity issues.




Psst, guess what... ive played Ghosts... I have friends who play it... none of them are complaining about connectivity or lag comp issues.


Jaggajatt187 wrote:





I know what lag compensation is and what it does.


Considering you've said it punishes players for having a good connection, no, you don't know what lag compensation is.

Level 35
Likes: 1042
Posts: 2824
Registered: ‎17-11-2012

Re: How bad is your lag compensation?

in reply to Jaggajatt187

Jaggajatt187 wrote:



Lag compensation is real, all these people who say it doesn't exist don't know what they are talking about.



Lag compensation gives the casual player those random opportunities to have amazing games, games which will keep them coming back for more. It's the same reason the dev's reward noobs for no good reason, like including support streaks or incorporating target finders.



They have no interest in making the game competitive or widening the skill gap, because that would drive people who aren't good at the game away.



This forum is pretty much a joke, because majority of the people on here are thoroughly addicted to CoD and will continue to buy the game no matter how much they complain about it. So the dev's don't care. These forums are basically beta testing the game, because we all know CoD isn't tested at all, and to make minor tweeks for weapon balance.


i love the way you combined nearly every misconception and myth into one reply.. bravo

Level 75
Likes: 4274
Posts: 15690
Registered: ‎31-05-2011

Re: How bad is your lag compensation?

in reply to Maccabi

With each release of CoD the devs have made it easier for casual players to get kills and kill streaks. The implementation of support streaks, objective based rewards, and attachments like the target finder.

Lag comp got so bad that they even casual players began to complain about it. To combat it they brought out dedicated servers but reduced the health, making it impossible to take on more than one opponent at a time.

None of those are myths or misconceptions.

Level 13
Likes: 144
Posts: 586
Registered: ‎13-11-2012

Re: How bad is your lag compensation?

in reply to Jaggajatt187

Jaggajatt187 wrote:



With each release of CoD the devs have made it easier for casual players to get kills and kill streaks. The implementation of support streaks, objective based rewards, and attachments like the target finder.




that is your opinion nothing more, The community asked for rewarding objective play we got support scorestreaks something alot of the community likes.  As for easy kills yep totaly agree its so good we've moved past the pred/harrier/ ac130 scenerio from mw2 ..oh wait

heres a little tip for you.. the largest majority by far of the community is what you would call "casual" making a game that appeals to everyone is a good move .


Jaggajatt187 wrote:





Lag comp got so bad that they even casual players began to complain about it. To combat it they brought out dedicated servers but reduced the health, making it impossible to take on more than one opponent at a time.




utterly wrong


Jaggajatt187 wrote:




None of those are myths or misconceptions.


given a myth is a story that isnt true and amisconception is a statement about something that you got wrong I stand by my original statement.

Level 75
Likes: 4274
Posts: 15690
Registered: ‎31-05-2011

Re: How bad is your lag compensation?

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote:



heres a little tip for you.. the largest majority by far of the community is what you would call "casual" making a game that appeals to everyone is a good move .



You just agreed with everything I said. Also you don't understand marketing or business.

Level 13
Likes: 144
Posts: 586
Registered: ‎13-11-2012

Re: How bad is your lag compensation?

in reply to Jaggajatt187

Jaggajatt187 wrote:




maccabi wrote:



heres a little tip for you.. the largest majority by far of the community is what you would call "casual" making a game that appeals to everyone is a good move .





You just agreed with everything I said. Also you don't understand marketing or business.


no they added stuff for everyone to enjoy the game, regardless of playstyle or time played that is a big difference to they have dumbed down the game to appease casual gamers.

please dont bother to resort to the "you dont understand" defense its slightly hypocritical considering the stuff you already posted and i'm pretty sure i do understand business and marketing especially when it comes to video games.

Level 75
Likes: 4274
Posts: 15690
Registered: ‎31-05-2011
Highlighted

Re: How bad is your lag compensation?

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote.



please dont bother to resort to the "you dont understand" defense its slightly hypocritical


Sorry, cant resist a good Friends quote:

"Hi Kettle, this is Pot... You're black"

Level 5
Likes: 21
Posts: 146
Registered: ‎11-01-2013

Re: How bad is your lag compensation?

in reply to DJ_Immortal1

DJ_Immortal wrote:




maccabi wrote.



please dont bother to resort to the "you dont understand" defense its slightly hypocritical




Sorry, cant resist a good Friends quote:


"Hi Kettle, this is Pot... You're black"


that would be a really good come back... apart from I do know what im talking about and you've already demonstrated and proven you dont.  nice try though

Level 75
Likes: 4274
Posts: 15690
Registered: ‎31-05-2011

Re: How bad is your lag compensation?

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote:




DJ_Immortal wrote:




maccabi wrote.



please dont bother to resort to the "you dont understand" defense its slightly hypocritical




Sorry, cant resist a good Friends quote:


"Hi Kettle, this is Pot... You're black"



that would be a really good come back... apart from I do know what im talking about and you've already demonstrated and proven you dont.  nice try though


Yes, the bit where I said I don't work in programming or networking demonstrated that!

However i do work as a technical manager, internal verifier & incident investigator in the energy market. Meaning I ask the nasty questions that engineers like to avoid, such as: Prove what you are saying is accurate! Verify your data!

My point was not that you don't know what you're talking about, rather that you regularly reply to these threads saying "You're Wrong" or "you don't know what *insert topic here* means". Explain why, justify your response. I realise it's a pain, if you've explained something previously, link to it.

Level 5
Likes: 21
Posts: 146
Registered: ‎11-01-2013

Studios