How do you destroy helicopters in multiplayer???

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

How do you destroy helicopters in multiplayer???

How are you supposed to shoot down the Battle Hinds, Helo Pilots and Heli Snipers that get called in from streaks? In older CoDs there were missiles that automatically shot them down. Maybe I haven't looked around enough but I don't see them in this game. I see people shooting ARs and even submachine guns at helicopters. Can you actually take down a helicopter with a submachine gun, like a vector?

Level 1
12 REPLIES

Re: How do you destroy helicopters in multiplayer???

in reply to vts_elite

just keep shooting!!

iv been shot out a few times

Level 3

in reply to karl_fr

You'll just have to shoot them

Level 1

in reply to vts_elite

Absolutely you can take them down with guns. There are also launchers that will take them down they just don't lock on to the aircraft. I have shot down a few with my Light Machine gun loadout. I'm sure it will take all your ammo with a SMG.

Level 11

in reply to vts_elite

Im using the panzerfaust rocket launcher (cant actually remember the name, but it begins with panzer).

If im in a game and a helo scout pops up, boom, a rocket later, hes down!

Level 7

in reply to thecalmquail

thecalmquail wrote:

Im using the panzerfaust rocket launcher (cant actually remember the name, but it begins with panzer).

If im in a game and a helo scout pops up, boom, a rocket later, hes down!

I have been able to shoot down one with the panzer, no lock on means hard aiming. Not easy.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to vts_elite

Ive taken out several helisnipers, shoot at the soldier hanging out of the side. Also taken out a Battle hind, two of our team shooting at it but it didn't take long. One thing I do like about this call of duty is that fact that you don't HAVE to equip a launcher like in previous titles.

Level 11

in reply to vts_elite

Under support killstreaks is the 'MAAWS' Launcher, 9 kills is all it takes, dead or alive. Shoot it, and it will shoot a rocket that splits into two. It's laser-guided, so aim at the helicopter and you'll get a red outline, and the rockets will hit after the outline turns red (means it locked on). If it's not locked on, the outline of the heli will be orange. As for Helo Scouts, you can simply snipe the person out of the side, much easier. The MAAWS works for all streaks, Heli's, Sentries, Griffons etc.

Level 7

in reply to SGR-HoMiCiDe1

To add to SGR-HoMiCiDe's post, the support kill streak Air Superiority will also knock out any enemy air assault streak.

Level 7

in reply to vts_elite

There are many ways to take choppers down. The 2 main ways are shooting them with:

1) any form of primary weapon

2) a free fire launcher

I have done both and will report the following.

1) the best primaries to use are Light Machine Guns with the added FMJ bullet attachment upgrade. You can rip through a most choppers in less than 200 rounds.

2) the free fire launcher can do it in 1-2 rounds BUT you have to be accurate, lucky and expect the computer AI to either swerve the chopper or your own rocket at the last minute - it really is that naughty! A tip here, would be for you to fire the rocket into the path of the chopper as it is slowing to a holding position or turn (there is a pattern to AI controller choppers, for human controlled, just throw everything at them and fluster them)

In both scenarios consider the following:

- Can my teammates protect me from the inevitable rush of enemies whilst I shoot up in the sky,

- Have I equipped the perk BLIND EYE, or will I have to die several times attempting to duck and cover after a shot or 2?

It may also be possible to use other killstreaks on them, such as the minigun/jugga or missile streak.

Level 34

Studios