How important are stats to you?

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Re: How important are stats to you?

in reply to OPTIMAL11

stats can never tell you the entire story, i have 1.96 KD, but ill tell you i suck at the game, so why is it so high? because i play solo and knowing i wont win with randoms i dont play the objective and just go for kills

Level 20

in reply to NaTuReS_FrEaK

and you sir are the reason Objective based games modes suck... you don't even try and assume you are going to lose so never play the objective..

try playing the objective or play TDM as thats what "going for kills" is meant for.

Level 13

in reply to thetizzleguy

No i play to have fun not win

I don't "assume i'm going to lose" when i never wanted to specifically win in the first place...

If my team wins great!  If not i had fun doing whatever new thing i was trying.

Level 8

in reply to OPTIMAL11

Learnt my lesson on MW 2, it was my first venture into multiplayer gaming and got my orse spanked big time !!!! Spent ages, many months, just getting a 1.0 kd and when I did I was quite good at it. Other players would see my stats and think walk over only to come a cropper, so stats are not a very good indication on how good a player is. KD is all important for TDM FFA and possibly  KC, however not so for other modes. It's all personal at the end of the day, we can all recall seeing amazing stats and then giving em a kicking or vice versa. Play for fun or challenges or whatever but don't get hung up on KD it means nothing.    

Level 14
Highlighted

in reply to milo-iq

Agreed

Level 8

in reply to OPTIMAL11

I'm not interested in stats but play with a lot of players that are stat crazy.... I don't get any enjoyment out of stats but they sure do.

I do think it makes me try harder to help the team when player with others that care about winning just because I don't want to let the team down.

but solo I don't care about winning I just play for fun.

Level 9

in reply to blade3370

Good point

as for me i'm fairly similar the only time i play tryhard is when i'm with a friend that wants to win

Though it's alot more stressful to care...

Level 8

in reply to OPTIMAL11

They are not important to me.  I hardly ever look at them.  As in months can easily go by without me looking at my stats.  What is important to me (and it's just for me) is do I feel like I made a difference in the match.  Whether I went positive or negative, won or lost did I at least do a good job of giving the enemy a difficult time.  If I did I'm happy about my performance and if I didn't then I look for ways to do a better job in the next match.  Whatever stats come from all of this really doesn't matter to me.  I'm playing to be competitive and so long as I have succeeded then that's what is important to me.

Level 69

in reply to OPTIMAL11

They serve as a baseline on how well I am doing, so yes I do care about my W/L and K/D. Since this is an IW game, I'm more interested in K/D because there's no point playing the objective in IW games, and is also the reason why I like KC so much, being an objective I don't have to run with a team to do well on.

Level 8

in reply to OPTIMAL11

I have an objective account, and a stats account. I mainly like to maintain a 1.20 KDR. It's not insanely important or anything. I just don't like it to fall lower than that. Usually I'll just play less aggressively if my KDR is falling. I don't resort to camping, but I slow down my pace so I can rack up bigger streaks.

On my objective account, I don't care. I kill people who are on/near the objective and then I take the objective. If I die a lot, it doesn't matter. Objective games are made for objective players. KDR is not important, but the ability to kill and avoid death still is if you are near the objective. I die a lot more, but I get a lot of caps. That's the point of objective game modes. I think my objective account only has a 1.020 KDR. Which is awful, but I can still kill quite a few enemies, and I get a lot of caps. It depends on how you look at it.

Level 14

Studios