How important are stats to you?

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

How important are stats to you?

Seems the whole community is obsessed with them. I know people who will even base the quality of the game off how good their stats are in it.

Level 2
24 REPLIES

Re: How important are stats to you?

in reply to OPTIMAL11

Well since your post seems to be a direct question to readers

I couldn't give two fucks what my stats are i just play to have fun.

If someone tries to say "LOL U SUK BRAH MY K/D IS 0.90 higher than yours!"

I just ignore the try-hard bitch and move on

Level 8

in reply to BBBrian2013

IT SHOULD BE!  No one should be playing a game to lose, most play to win, and with wins comes good stats. The team with higher KDs are going to win more often and have more fun then the ones that lose. I have good stats that are comparable to few, 1.9kd with 2100 AVGSCORE master prestige in 12 days without trying hard. TRYHARD campers I believe ruin the game, you will see them with a 2.0KD and a 1500AVGSCORE(because they usually don't get many kills but few deaths= less score = more days till they prestige). The campers I refer to are the ones that start that game and end the game in the same spot they spawned at, they usually find the hardest area to spot where they can see you and you cant see them. Now these campers have high KD, but can be easily be beat with matching KD's that run, I mean run strategically not just run around with your head cut off like your playing kill confirmed with some good players on your team. If there wasn't so many corner campers and HACKERS in Cod it would be 10x better.

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to KILLAMANEASY

To each their own i suppose

I enjoy making small competitions for myself to challenge me if it lowers my scores so be it i'm playing in a more difficult way than most players do

If i want to run knife only with stealth only perks it will ruin my stats of course! but thats my decision and i shouldn't be judged in overall skill due to the affects of the aforementioned challenge

This is why stats are irrelevant to me

Level 8

in reply to OPTIMAL11

In my humble opinion, the only stats that matter to me are my own. I know some of the forumers think this is a normal thing for me to only care about myself but in the case of stats, it is true.

Without know the story behind stats, they are extremely misleading. Take for instance, I am in a Domination lobby. I look and notice one guy on the other team has less captures than me but way more kills. Does this mean that player is a bad Domination player? Not at all because it could be because he plays with randoms. Or because he plays with a team and sits back and defends. Perhaps he just prefers to go OMGWTFBBQ on everybody and not worries about the captures. Maybe he is just unlucky and gets killed before the captures complete. You never know the story behind them.

Now, as for my own stats, I know how I play. I watch my W/L go up and down. I watch my K/D go up and down. If I see my K/D going down and W/L going down, I know I need to change up my own strategy. If the exact opposite is going on, I figure out what I am doing good and try to build upon that.

Again, the only stats that should matter are your own. You know what you want to accomplish in this game, whether it be a high K/D or a high W/L or just out for fun, Use those stats for you to see if you are accomplishing what you want.

Level 40

in reply to OPTIMAL11

I only play TDM or FFA most of the time and considering K/D and W/L are the MAIN objective I DO care about my stats...

And for someone to say

"If someone tries to say "LOL U SUK BRAH MY K/D IS 0.90 higher than yours!"

I just ignore the try-hard ***** and move on"

is obviously just bad at the game and mad because he/she cannot get good stats. It's a game your supposed to "try hard"

Level 13

in reply to thetizzleguy

Man you are really stupid aren't you?

You're not supposed to "try hard" in a video game

Video games are meant for enjoyment not popping a blood vessel trying to get a 3.0 K/D

And if you MUST know my stats my K/D is right below 1.6 which is average so get off my tits kid

I have fun going knife only with only stealth perks as a joke which will fuck my stats

I enjoy playing around noob tube only

I enjoy knife only gun games

There is so much this game has to offer if you're not blind enough to focus 100% on stats and consistent winning games are meant to be FUN not something to take seriously or be proud of for getting "Good Stats"

Level 8

in reply to BBBrian2013

i have good stats and win a LOT I don't sit in corners or use specific guns.. Like right now I am playing FFA with a sniper.. I'm doing bad but still winning...

I don't find losing fun in the slightest

Level 13

in reply to thetizzleguy

It doesn't really bother me as long as i had fun during the match

I could go 8-40 and not care at all as long as it was a good game

If i went 8-40 due to getting spawn killed over and over by IMS's paced on spawns i'd be PISSED if i lost to the faggots

Level 8

in reply to BBBrian2013

yup I hate those explosives too. but hey each to their own play-style I guess

Level 13

Studios