How many play styles are there?

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

How many play styles are there?

Here are the play styles I know of let me know if I'm missing anything and for extra credit what play style do you use and why?

Camping: You're who everyone loves to hate. Staying in a spot with a view of heavily trafficked areas to pick off kills

Corner Camping/ Sound Wh**ing: A variation of camping where you find a corner of a random room and listen for footsteps to alert you which direction to spray with bullets

Patrolling: Sticking to one area of the map and wait for your victims to come to you

Rushing/Run N' Gun: No one on the map is safe.  Like a ghost story gone wrong you visit all the best camping areas leaving death in your wake.

Tubing: Usually used with Patrolling or Rushing, but with explosives.  Close only counts with horseshoes, grenades, C4, launchers... etc

Level 2
43 REPLIES

Re: How many play styles are there?

in reply to Fire_bear

Swarming. You play with a team and go area to area clearing out the enemy.

Level 40

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

We call it the Wolf Pack

Level 42

in reply to Fire_bear

Fire_bear wrote:

Camping: You're who everyone loves to hate. Staying in a spot with a view of heavily trafficked areas to pick off kills

Camping by your definition is impossible. As soon as you make a kill, the guy you killed will be coming to pay you a visit thanx to the killcam.  In hardcore, I don't know how they do it without the killcam, but the same thing applies. You get to see a blink of a scene where the bullet came from and that's all.

The moral of the story is, you can't stay in one spot to get kills. 

Level 22

in reply to Alky6

And if the camper can sit in one spot and get kills, then their enemy really sucks at the game.

And Alky6, the way they find them in Hardcore  w/o a killcam is that the spots most campers use are the same spots most campers use so it's fairly simple to take the wild guess, go back and blast them away like the scum they are.

Level 40

in reply to Fire_bear

Sniping.  Setup....wait...shoot...wait....shoot....wait....shoot....wait....move....repeat.  The shoot number is preferential.  If I can I will take at least 3 shots from a spot before moving.  Sometimes I don't have that luxury!

I call it "Campin' for the Cause!"  There are other opinions about this of course...some good, some not so good.  I mean REALLY not so good!!

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Level 63

in reply to Fire_bear

the community has developed the term "playstyle" to validate the way they chose to play.. there is only one way to play, and thats move around and kill people, that is what the game is meant to be played.

the community has developed "play styles" to validate they play the game off of its intended purpose.. players will camp and say " its my play style".. its not.. sitting in an arbitrary corner with your sights up is not a style.. its a player feeling because they paid "money" they can attach self entitlement to  a "play style" known as camping , feeding into their lack of being able to handle confrontation.. they give it a name and call it legit.

Run and gun IMO is not a play style, its playing the game.. paroling is playing the game.. things like tubing is a play style if that how you like to run and gun, or QS, or use a shottie or certain attachments, thats a play style

ie. I patrol with a mtarx

Level 8

in reply to W_E_A_P_0_N_11

W_E_A_P_0_N_11 wrote:

there is only one way to play, and thats move around and kill people, that is what the game is meant to be played.

What developer told you that?

Level 22

in reply to Alky6

None seeing as there is no right and wrong way to play the game besides modding, hacking or boosting those are the only things not aloud other wise you can play however you want and no one can say it's right or wrong

Level 22
Highlighted

in reply to Bubbakush1

Bubbakush wrote:

None seeing as there is no right and wrong way to play the game besides modding, hacking or boosting those are the only things not aloud other wise you can play however you want and no one can say it's right or wrong

Yup, that's my point. Those that come to the forums demanding everyone must play their way are just wasting 0's & 1's. 

Level 22

Studios