I Might Sit This One Out

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

Re: I Might Sit This One Out

in reply to brewcastleunite

I think waiting a while makes a lot of sense.  Right now, I have no idea which company will have the larger customer base. My money is on Sony, however, Microsoft may stage a comeback.  I'm not impressed by what I have seen of Ghosts so far. The dog gimmick isn't going to sell any copies.  But, I'll wait to see what multiplayer looks like.  From what I have heard, lag will still be an issue.  But, I feel good about IW being in the driver's seat. 

Level 1

in reply to BigBabyBossgrip

So far on pre-orders around the world, including the USA. Sony are outselling Microsoft, 3 Consoles to two. If someone wants a link I will put it in, but it is easy to find.

Level 31

in reply to BigBabyBossgrip

The dog gimmick?  Hell, the RCXD did the job..

Level 59
Highlighted

I am really worried about the split player community as well. After GTA 5 drops, I'm not buying anymore current gen games. I'm picking up the launch PS4 and moving on. So, I suppose that means if I want to play COD, I'm picking it up for PS4.

I have other concerns other than less players online. There are a lot of games coming out that seem to be taking advatage of the next gen hardware better. Sure, we have only seen a taste of what is to come with Ghosts, but I'm afraid it's more of the same. I was really hoping they'd break new ground, but I'm not sure that's going to happen.

I'll keep a close eye on it throughout the next few months, but if they aren't making any effort, I'm moving on and it really feels terrible saying that as I love this game.

Level 7

I have to say that I am not worried about the transition.  I am more worried about not having as many friends to play with but I can easily make friends online.  I will have to say that even if the consoles are buggy upon release I don't think it takes away from the experience unless everything is completely unplayable.

I think that the transition will be harder for the Xbox 360 users than the PS3 users to the PS4 because they have to start from scratch, and that is one reason why I decided to stick with Xbox because I have all my friends and progress with Xbox.

Level 47

Speaking as a PC gamer, even if the console playerbase was split in half, which let's be honest the majority are not going to pick up the PS4/Xbone right away. You would have no problems with getting into games. BLOPS2 on PC at this point peaks at about 25k-30k players and that is during double XP weekends, outside of that anything over 19k is unusual. Now take a look at console and the fact that a new COD game will have anywhere between 300-650k players online(varying by platform) at any given time within the first few weeks. Now even if you split that in half you will still have nearly 10 times the amount of players that we do on PC and we get along just fine. So I think if I were you I'd stick with my PS3 for this year's release and possibly even next years as well.

Level 8

I'm not worried at all about the transition to next gen, I dont need people to play with, just against. I am worried about Hardcore game modes, streak spam, support streaks, and poor weapon balance.

Level 25

I am skipping this game for ps4 atleast, I don't like the fact like they did with the ps3, that they refuse to talk about it, all we get is "soon" like that helps. I will see what my friends think of the game, then i will reconsider my postion, till then, killzone and battlefield 4

Level 15

in reply to thebigb82

Ghosts is going to be better than Killzone.  Trust me.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

well i have seen killzone in action and i know it runs on dedicated servers, so it already is better than ghosts

Level 15

Studios