I'm Heartbroken (1.05)

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

I'm Heartbroken (1.05)

I'm about 11-12 hours into Multiplayer.  Up until today, I've been ready to call this the best game out of the box since MW1 (maybe ever).  I've had some issues with it of course, but I think the new engine, for the most part, is solid.  I've had normal connections (fairly consistently).  Hit detection has been pretty damn fair.  Not much lag.  I think the game balance is pretty good.  Maps, weapons, perks, etc pretty right on....

Until today...  Woke up this morning.  Downloaded 1.05.  And all of a sudden this thing is playing exactly like MW3 and BO2.  Terrible hit detection.  One shot deaths.  People playing a second in front of me.  Inexplicable goings on.  I feel like they've made some tweaks for the worst (even though they haven't listed them in the patch notes). 

I really REALLY REALLY hope this is a fluke or a coincidence.  This game had been playing extremely well for me, but these last couple hours of play... I'm finding myself right back in the MW3/BO2 frustration zone... 

Level 6
24 REPLIES

Re: I'm Heartbroken (1.05)

in reply to blackOPSpoo

And they just put me into a game, literally, in the middle of a final kill cam..   Well over a hundred days playing COD online... that's a first...  I'm very nervous...

Level 6

in reply to blackOPSpoo

THis made me laugh.

IM not sure why this would make you nervous. This happens all the time in COD. Nothing new here. Even if it was new I'm still not sure why you would be nervous because of it.

Level 30

in reply to illstplaya2live

No...  That's the point.  This is very new for me.  The last, probably, 3-4 installments have been terrible out of the box.  The first two weeks you might as well not even pick it up.  The next month or two are almost playable.  Then it gets SLIGHTLY better, and that's how it stays (bad) for the next 10 months. 

The first 8-10 hours I've put into Ghosts have been really pleasant.  Like I said above, it's been playing pretty well for me.  Until today...  Guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up...

Level 6

in reply to blackOPSpoo

That's strange. I haven't had any problems with any of the patches. My games have been pretty much consistent.

BUt this always happens when they release a new patch. There's people who don't experience any change and then there's people who have a huge change.

Level 30

in reply to blackOPSpoo

I am having the same problem and it seems to have happened after I got the patch. I'm still hoping that I have just been consistently put into lobbies with bad hosts for the last 20 matches but it's really starting to make me mad. Last night I went positive every match for 15 to 20 matches. Today updated and haven't even come close to going even, let alone positive.

Level 6

in reply to NJC223121

Have you tried resetting your modem and router?

Level 30

no, my NAT is still open and I usually have to reset every now and then when it goes to moderate, but I haven't reset today yet.

Level 6

Yep...  Here we go...  Games playing terrible, so we start in with... 

"Have you checked your network connections?" 

"How about your router settings?" 

"You need to reset your modem."

How about a game where I don't have to reset my modem 3 times a night?  How about a game that uses UPNP and I don't have to hire an IT department to play? 

Thanks for the tip, but I've been through all this s#*t for years with this game...  And it's stupid.  This game was playing great for a few hours, not it isn't....  It's disappointing, and that sucks...  My settings and modem/router are fine...

Level 6

in reply to blackOPSpoo

welcome to online gaming

Level 16

Studios