I'm suffering from lag, or I don't know how to call it.

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

I'm suffering from lag, or I don't know how to call it.

Hi everyone,

First of all, I play call of duty since COD 4 (MW1), I can say that I'm pro at the game now except Ghost.
Whenever I play Ghost, I feel like I'm noob and first time playing FPS games .

My problem is that when I face a noob or avg player I get killed instantly, I can't shoot 1 bullet , even though I know where he is coming from. I'm running dead silence and I have a pro headset (Tritton Pro 5.1), so I hear footsteps very well.

Therefor, I figured that my character is almost half a second (500 millisecond) ahead of my my FPS camera, I mean I play in the past 500 millisecond, so I can't react in time.

Also there is something weird and it might be related to my issue which is EVERY GAME I'm the first loaded to the map and the timer start counting down from second 55 until everyone connected and then it start counting down from 15. I asked my friends and they told me that the time counter begins at 15 and rarely start at 30 and they enjoy playing the game, and they never started from second 55. new hint: However, I read someone comment about starting at 55, he said that happen because of the digital copy which lead to load the game faster.

My game is a digital copy from PSN

ISP: Verizon Fioz

Down: 75Mbits   Up: 35 Mbits my connection is fantastic

Massachusetts, Boston

Please anyone who have the same issue comment with your ISP, connection speed, state and city, and whether your copy is digital or disc.

My PS4 is coming on Nov 15th so I'm going to give it a try on that beast system and where is the problem.

This game is almost the only game I play

Thank you for your time, and you may find some grammatical errors but sorry my English is a second language 

Level 1
8 REPLIES

Re: I'm suffering from lag, or I don't know how to call it.

in reply to tdreams2

Chances are that you could be host which may be a bad thing.

I haven't played Ghosts yet but I do recall in MW3 where hosting to me was a disadvantage when the game launched. It may be the same issue for Ghosts but I'm not 100% certain.

If you're getting a higher counterdown, chances are you could be host but it's best to test it out by leaving a match if you're getting a 55 second countdown.

Also, Dedicated servers may improve your lag issues once they implement it into the game.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

I tried to leave mid games rage quit, and I don't see that I'm host there is no reconnecting screen with finding a new host. Also I suffered from MW3 too when I'm only host.

I think they implement a new sort of technology where the host can share a connection with other good connection player. don't quote me on this one.

Level 1

in reply to tdreams2

tdreams2 wrote:

I think they implement a new sort of technology where the host can share a connection with other good connection player. don't quote me on this one.

I have my doubts about this as I believe it's just the standard one host that runs the match for the entire lobby.

However, it's difficult to tell without the ping bars/connection bars if you're lagging or the host chosen is not suitable for the lobby you're in.

I mean you could have a decent internet connection but even if you're connecting to a host across the country, you're going to lag regardless of if you're on ADSL or Fibre.

Level 51

in reply to tdreams2

the lag is so bad that i can shoot 100 shots and at some one and not get anything and they shot one time and im dead yeah bs

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Iceman833

your problem is different than mine where you have a really LAG, and your problem from your ISP end.

The only solution for you is to wait dedicated servers 

Level 1

in reply to tdreams2

and also every time i get on the game i get a strict or moderate nat have to reset my internet and it still dont fix do it again it opens it and then if im off the game for a hour or so and go to get back on its back to moderate

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Iceman833

My NAT type is Open, but as I said to you that have to wait for dedicated servers unfortunately

Level 1

in reply to tdreams2

So much false information in this thread it should be closed.

Activision Ambassador

Studios