IED is my Preferred Weapon...

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

IED is my Preferred Weapon...

Why does this draw so much attention/ridicule in the pre-game lobby?  All I ever hear is, "Omg, this guy's preferred weapon is the IED."  Wow, and yours is some gun that you use more often than not.  What many people fail to realize is that it takes a lot of effort to maintain the IED as a preferred weapon.

Seeing that my preferred weapon is the IED should actually give my opponent a marked advantage when deciding which class(es) to run during the upcoming match.  What advantage am I gaining by knowing your favorite weapon is the AK-12, Remy, or Honey Badger?  Is there some class set up to inherently counter your preferred weapon?  Nothing in particular comes to mind.

So, even when my opponents know ahead of time that IEDs will be in play, why do they still whine and cry when they die by them?  I've advertised it before the game.  A death is death.  If I get killed by your Honey Badger, I accredit that to you and your ability to get 3-4 bullets off that hit me.  Those bullets didn't just auto-fire from your gun.  You had to aim and fire. 

Similarly, the IED did not just fall out of my pocket as I was running by.  I deliberately placed it where it was before you died due to map knowledge about high traffic areas, choke points, revenge spawns, etc.  It's definitely not luck, nor is it cheap.  It's a viable tactic that has more counters to it than any other weapon in the game. 

Currently, I have 8K+ kills via IED and  my go to class is....

Maverick with Silencer and Tracker Sight

IED

Extra Lethal, Danger Close, Incog, Gambler

I'll never understand why people limit their class set ups based on some unwritten honor code.  IEDs are effective.  Use them wisely and benefit.

Level 8
61 REPLIES

Re: IED is my Preferred Weapon...

in reply to STEELERPRIDE7

All is fair in Love and War right?  I get it.  But in reality, the IEDs are arguably the most annoying thing the COD series has in it (it's on par with the mini-nuke - dead man's hand).  Admitting to this is like admitting to wearing your underwear multiple days without washing them.  Sure, it's something people do, but it's not something to be proud of - lol.  Good luck and have fun.

Level 16

in reply to STEELERPRIDE7

It's because a lot of players play in the "old school" style which is to get kills and run around. The Bouncing Betty could be countered while on the move, the IED cannot. The IED is a vile, annoying thing made for campers to get a cheap kill and before you say I'm whinging, try dying one off a double KEM Strike to an IED that you can't run away from and not even Sitrep detected it.

Level 7

in reply to brentcers37

Old school? there isnt anything old school about playing a fast paced shooter.. "fast paced"

Level 4

in reply to NonPoint1

"Fast-paced" is only one point of view. There are no set rules dictating how the game is "meant to be played".

Level 24

in reply to Gerbera

the game is DESIGNED to be a fast paced shooter, this is why COD has been successful, its an arcade shooter, not a simulator.. twitch shooters ARE fast paced.. maybe some players just cant keep up..

Level 4

in reply to NonPoint1

And where are there rules in place saying you can't play in different ways than what the game may have been supposedly designed for? I don't see any punishments for those who play differently than what you may perceive the game may have been supposedly designed for.

If the game was supposedly designed to be fast-paced only, then how come a bunch of the installments had quite large maps or medium maps? Why bother putting in longer range weapons like ARs, LMGs, Sniper Rifles, and Marksman Rifles and just stick with SMGs, shotguns, and pistols? Why bother creating any maps bigger than dimes like BO2 had if the game was supposedly designed to be fast-paced only? Doesn't anything larger than small maps completely go against such a supposed design philosophy then?

The variety the franchise has constantly had until more recently clearly shows that the game is meant to accommodate various playstyles whether they're fast OR slow, aggressive OR defensive, short OR long range, etc.

Level 24

in reply to Gerbera

Something tells me if these rushers got their way there would be a feature in the game that makes it where the second you stop running you die.

Level 18

in reply to TheDarkOne123

TheDarkOne123 wrote:

Something tells me if these rushers got their way there would be a feature in the game that makes it where the second you stop running you die.

Real Ghosts don't run!

Level 22

in reply to TheDarkOne123

this is a bit exaggerate

Level 4

Studios