Is dropshotting Nerfed for Ghosts?

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Is dropshotting Nerfed for Ghosts?

Yeah I used to dropshot for all of the older games and Black Op 2, I'm getting Ghosts soon though. But I was wondering does dropshotting work as effectively compared to the other Cods, or is it just completely gone.

Level 1
21 REPLIES

Re: Is dropshotting Nerfed for Ghosts?

in reply to SlImLoLLLL

it works but you have to plan it, cause if the person ends up getting shots on you before you drop you are as good as dead, i wouldn't say they nerfed it but thanks to the hit detection being better it has become just another mechanic you can use without any real benefits

Level 20

in reply to SlImLoLLLL

dropshotting and jumpshotting both still work, effectiveness varies per situation

Level 16

in reply to amathyx

Yeah. I always found it weird because people told me not to dropshot in Black Ops 2 because auto aim would pull my aim into the ground or something like that.... And it turned out to be okay for me. Hopefully dropshotting will work out for me in Ghosts haha.

Level 1

in reply to SlImLoLLLL

Its the same with the difference is the hit detection is better so you die more while doing it.  When it used to take 12 shots to die drop shotting was a huge benefit but dying faster in this game makes it less effective.  It is still usefull though.

Level 23

in reply to SlImLoLLLL

It can be effective but it is harder to use effectivley if that makes sense. You die so quick in this game that the 1 second it takes to drop can be enough for you to die

Level 2

in reply to SlImLoLLLL

Slide shots FTW

Level 15

in reply to SlImLoLLLL

I can't speak for the aim assist part, but the drop shot mechanics are similar to the last couple of COD games (after they were nerfed slightly).  That is, you can drop shot normally while your character is moving, but if you are standing in one spot you can't drop to prone without some wiggling around back and forth.

Level 12

in reply to SlImLoLLLL

From What I can tell it is a little harder to hold your aim up as you drop, but with the hit detection, it doesn't really matter. I get a lot of knee kills when I drop shot.

Level 20

in reply to Schoat333

Oh. So basically what I'm getting from what all of guys are saying is that drop-shotting can't necessarily be abused in Ghosts, unlike Mw3 or even Black Ops 2, but that It's more of a helpful tool now than anything else. Dammit lol ...I've been drop-shotting since Mw2, It's going to be annoying not to drop-shot in every single gun encounter when I play Ghosts for the first time.

Level 1

Studios