Killstreak/scorestreak question

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 3

Killstreak/scorestreak question

Haven't followed much about Ghosts, but I was planning on buying on the 5th. I heard the killstreak setup is supposed to be like MW3, where completing objectives in DOM count. I've watched a few videos and noticed guys capping flags in DOM and the killstreak counter NOT going up. So do the objectives count or is it just kills that count towards it?

3:15 mark for reference

Level 9
14 REPLIES

Re: Killstreak/scorestreak question

in reply to 06kev12

I would assume it just counts towards kills, ergo the term killstreak. I'm no expert but I think how you described it that's how things are in Black Ops with Scorestreaks. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Level 1

in reply to Johnbonne

Yeah just not sure why they would go back.

Level 9

in reply to 06kev12

yeah mw3 gave you a kill everytime you captured an objective, b02 gave you additional points towards your scorstreak for capturing adventures, i would assume this being a killstreak/deathstreak scenario again that capturing objectives would gain you a kill towards killstreaks/deathstreaks, if not i dont think people would actively try to capture them with no reward...would kinda ruin the games

Level 5

in reply to bullfridge

Its the same as MW3. Playing the objective rewards you with a bar towards the next killstreak, like any kill. The difference between BO2 is that you dont get rewarded for anything related to the objective. For instance, in BO2 DOM you received scorestreak points not only by capping flags, but also from defending and things like that. In MW3 and Ghosts you will get a killstreak point only for capping since thats the main goal, and other actions will just give your team more points.

Imho the latter system is much better since promotes a gun-oriented game rather then a killstreak-oriented one.

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to kenib77

the scorestreak system was good (definatly for someone like me who struggles to get high killstreaks) but it could make it two easy at times..ie capping a B flag at start of game and opposite team rushing for B if you can kill maybe three of the opposing team while capping and then finish cap thats like 800 points...if your running hardline thats almost got you a sentry gun..that placed in a tactical position around the B flag would cause some disruption and thats your team taking a big lead from the get go, and straing away the opposing team is on the back foot..and it literally takes a minute, at least with kill streaks it could take a few more minutes for a game to start defining the superior team and potentially make games more interesting and challenging

Level 5

in reply to bullfridge

Thats exactly what i mean. In Hardpoint a couple of kills while inside the hot spot followed by the capture awarded you with a War Machine which was basically game over. BO2 system was good but too "generous"

Level 5

in reply to kenib77

yeah completely agree, but on a slefish not as i said im not the greatest at getting high kill streaks so it worked for me getting the lower kill streaks such as sentry gun, but theres always the deathstreak system for people like me on ghosts so at least i can still most likely achieve some form of streak

Level 5

in reply to bullfridge

They removed deathstreaks didnt they? or have i missed something here

Level 5

in reply to Project-VAG-DAN

Yep, they are gone

Level 5

Studios