Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.

Call of Duty Ghosts Playstation 4

Highlighted

Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.

in reply to DJ_Immortal1

I agree with you.

Another bitch thing to do as a test is when hooking up to a game on wifi make sure your watching an HD film also over wifi. When the game starts stop the film. Go to town in the game.

I think the game works out who is host and who gets compensated at the start of the game.

I have 75 mb optical and some games I cannot buy a kill and am so far behind (dogs getting to me from 15 ft teleport and I did not get a bullet off). Bets to just leave and make sure when I join next game my internet is bad.

The solution - provide us with servers like you promised, there should be servers for this game in USA and Europe.

PS Ps4 wifi says only 13 mbs connection - only uses 15 % of my line - if I connect via Ethernet its much faster - definitely a no no.

If they move to dedicated servers then I will connect via Ethernet.

Level 8

in reply to ge0rdiemark

You do realise no one gets "compensated" right? And dedis do not mean there isn't lag comp or that your own connection will suddenly magically improve

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Yes they do, otherwise the host would kill every one in every game. Host needs artificial lag added to the net code running on his system.

Problem is normally host suffers and its unplayable - avoid host at all costs same as BO2

Level 8

in reply to ge0rdiemark

ge0rdiemark wrote:

Yes they do, otherwise the host would kill every one in every game. Host needs artificial lag added to the net code running on his system.

Problem is normally host suffers and its unplayable - avoid host at all costs same as BO2

nope there is no compensation its a myth players are NOT compensated its become a "thing" in players mentality due to people calling the various systems lag comp.

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

there is lag compensation - no compensation is a myth

Are you employed by Activision to downplay the lag issues so they don't have to pay for dedicated servers ?

You seem to downplay everbody's experiences with just a no, there is no lag comp in this game = you have no proof.

We have no proof except all the stories about full clips and teleporting - and you have your word as the defender of COD.

Were you not the same guy that defended BO2 ? Maccabi it was you.

Why do you defend such bad net code so religiously ? (unless that's your job ? )

Level 8

in reply to ge0rdiemark

ge0rdiemark wrote:

Are you employed by Activision to downplay the lag issues so they don't have to pay for dedicated servers ?

You busted us. We are an elite team of hackers that have a sworn allegiance to the ATVI. We are the TOA of Call of Duty. We are sent out across the world with a mission. That mission? To insert "lag comp" dials onto people's networks. We don't pick our targets. We just go where the boss tells us to go. And when we are given the green light, we crank up that ol' lag comp all the way. We even have turbo chargers for people we especially do not like.

We don't do this to everyone. We just do it to ... certain people. Like I said, we don't pick the targets so we don't really know why our targets are targets of lag comp, but ... we speculate sometimes. Like, me? I think our targets have the potential to reveal COD secrets. So we make them look dumb with bad gaming by turning up the lag comp on them.

Here is a picture of our top secret team that you have now destroyed by revealing ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/perryolf/9115661545/

And here is the device we attach to your internet line ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60861613@N00/4549052514/

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

this made me genuinely lol!

Level 5

in reply to nuttin2say

its like the movie wanted... we get our targets from stitching...

Level 45

in reply to nuttin2say

I knew it.

I am wearing my tin foil hat and have taken special counter measures

Level 8

Re: Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.

in reply to ge0rdiemark

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

Studios